• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I know "out here" you guys are good.  As the Governor of the Urban areas, I'd like to see a 50-75 mile shift south.  We may have to put our eggs into the front run thump at this point.

Yeah...total snowfall looked excellent for me 7 inches then I saw Kuchera...wasn’t so kind

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I know "out here" you guys are good.  As the Governor of the Urban areas, I'd like to see a 50-75 mile shift south.  We may have to put our eggs into the front run thump at this point.

Nams off to a good start. Even the "south" euro stripes a prime spot to shift overhead at 72 hour leads. 

3k Sim sat look great. I like wave 1 now. 

nam3km_ir_us_60.png

Ya don't think even the first wave could get squashed, do ya?....If we're putting all our eggs in that basket, I would really hate to see it trend TOO far south! As for the second wave...is it too early to give up on that completely? And if what cranky was saying about the blocking likely retreating and reloading (instead of just getting the heck out of here) actually happens...seems like it's definitely first wave or bust!

Just now, BristowWx said:

Yeah...total snowfall looked excellent for me 7 inches then I saw Kuchera...wasn’t so kind

700 and 850 mb are iffy, with marginal surface temps for S and E areas. Would be sleety verbatim. Close though. Need a slight shift south and that 10:1 map divided by 2 would be about right.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Nams off to a good start. Even the "south" euro stripes a prime spot to shift overhead at 72 hour leads. 

3k Sim sat look great. I like wave 1 now. 

nam3km_ir_us_60.png

Looks juiced...thats for sure.  T-storms going off in the southern apps....

40 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Really surprised no one mentioned the timing. The first wave comes in between 18z Monday and 0z Tuesday, and peaks in intensity at 6z Tuesday. No sun angle to deal with here, unless we're talking about the 2nd wave

That’s much earlier than I saw a couple of days ago! I thought it was Tuesday night to Wed.  

Wave 1 is part of (or the main part) of the low moving through the west now so im not surprised it stays active.  Southern stream is visible too on satellite.  I don’t think there’s any question that’s the low to focus on now. It cuts right across the country...and can’t get too far north with the blocking in place.

1 minute ago, 87storms said:

Wave 1 is part of (or the main part) of the low moving through the west now so im not surprised it stays active.  Southern stream is visible too on satellite.  I don’t think there’s any question that’s the low to focus on now. It cuts right across the country...and can’t get too far north with the blocking in place.

The NAM looked like it had some semblance of wave 2...all caveats apply for the NAM of course

Archived