• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

3 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

I haven’t been on this forum in like 3+ years. Glad to see nothing has changed lol. Honestly have had the worst headache of my life today, so hoping 0z makes up for this miserable day. 

Actually until the last 90 mins the unmoderated free fall was working. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

What?  There is a huge amount of snarky posters on this forum. It adds to the fun and is well controlled by the mods if needed.  If you don’t like him, block him.  He adds plenty of value to the forum.  The mods can handle it. You don’t need to advise anyone of anything.  Back off or you should go to another venue. 

You are the epitome of the problem. During the past 24 hours there has been a tremendous amount of controversy and frustration on this board because of the very things that you are sanctioning.  

53 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Times like this, I wish it was in storm mode

Need

More 

Alcohol

Good grief...whos watchin the friggin daycare??

Damn.  Can we step away from kindercare and get back to business at hand.

No more drinks for the kids...

Seems like the biggest hurdle for this potential snow event is surface cold air, track and moisture seem to be less problematic.

The one encouraging thing to note then is the recent very heavy snowfalls in upstate NY and much of New England. That should help to drop boundary layer temperatures in any high pressure that takes up residence near Lake Ontario or southern Quebec. 

I am hoping this works out, no hunches to play, just looks encouraging so far. 

1 hour ago, stormy said:

My excuse is that I have learned from you. You are proud of who you are and don't take nonsense lightly.  I know that I should be more restrained as perhaps we all should. It sometimes drills when personal. Some of this had a personal overtone, going back a ways.

Have a great evening. Please tell me what time the snowfall will begin Monday night or Tuesday. Just kidding!!!! I am not on the same plane as some on this board.

You are complaining about a couple kids detailing the thread but you previously derailed a thread with your weird obsession with a fairly typical drought. The kind we get every 10 years or so. Then you were obsessed with persistence and of course it immediately got wet which many of us said it would to balance out eventually. And now you seem to always talk about climo. But climo is based on averages of abnormal events. Climo would argue March 42 or 58 or 60 or 2015 wouldn't have happened.  You seem to blow certain things (and it all seems related to climate) way out of proportion. We all know climo. And it's good to factor persistence and climo into things. But they aren't the be all of forecasting. 

i’m a troll -  

the others some call trolls are cry babies. 

the pros need to learn the difference.

it’s march even if it feels cold , its warm out there. so if it snows better stare at it cause it ain’t going to last long.  

7 minutes ago, PWC Split said:

It’s Friday night, March Madness is on 4 channels at the same time, bourbon is tasting wonderful, and we have a storm to track.  Life is good. 

Life is going to get even better, because we are definitely going to get shellacked by snow very soon!

29 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The Circle of Fail Life

Stage I: The Trap is Laid
Coming out of an epic fail where areas north and/or south are hit, the models begin to show another juicy scenario. Other models show it too, giving off the illusion of consensus.

image.png

ecmwf_tsnow.png

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_60.png

Stage II: Acceptance & Obsession
Despite evidence of the trap's existence, and the inevitable outcome if we let ourselves get close, we slowly convince ourselves that this time things will be different. We inch closer and closer. A few hours of fun turn into a few days of banter and then a week of...obsession.

--the 0z cmc has this thing coming across the country like a bowling ball, but looks kinda warm.  looks worthy of tracking at least for the next 3 hours. lol

--There some things on the overnight Euro I have not seen so far this winter,  and really gives me hopes that the threat is legit. 

--I'm with you guys--try as I may I know I'm not gonna be able to peel my eyes away from this one...But this time I refuse to stress over it and will watch with VERY tempered expectations...I think I could honestly laugh if it turns into a 4th Nor'easter that we somehow miss...missing three would certainly numb the pain of missing a fourth. But, for now...I will occasionally track. (But if I see a GL low I'm out, lol) But FOUR Nor'easters?....its gotta break eventually...

--I mean we have nothing to lose at this point. We won’t be tracking wintry threats for another 8 months so might as well track this one last possibility. 

Stage III: Roller Coaster
Once we've tricked ourselves that the trap isn't actually a trap, we're all IN, despite what we might say publicly. The ups and downs begin. The bus is moving at warp speed towards victory. 

1NgNsra.jpg&key=9cb847bca3e2e91218975081

--mother of god. 

--Euro actually took a step back from 00z(expected) and still smoked us. That is the best sign imo

--See you at 2am.  Cmon you know you want it.  

--Lol... transfer at 162 from a 996mb SLP in Ohio to a 998mb SLP in SE VA

--Why do I even check this thread? The models will do 180s every day for the next week, yet I still check this thread. I need professional help

--Hey...this is the same progression that the NAVGEM had a day or two ago!  Chips are all in.....

giphy.gif

Stage IV: The Slow Descent 
At some point, the the ups become fewer and further in between. Slowly, the writing on the wall is revealed. It is a slow and painful process. Some try to escape, but escape is not possible. The trap begins its deadly and unbreakable embrace.

maxresdefault.jpg

Stage V: Destruction
The survivors wonder what went wrong but get roped into another "treat". And thus begins the circle of fail life again.

giphy.gif

We ARE going to get our snow. It will hit soon. This one is NO trap. This winter will be REDEEMED! NEVER, EVER give up!

1 minute ago, Jebman said:

We ARE going to get our snow. It will hit soon. This one is NO trap. This winter will be REDEEMED! NEVER, EVER give up!

at this time of season what is redeemed 5” on the grass ? or 12” of shoveling?  

6 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Life is going to get even better, because we are definitely going to get shellacked by snow very soon!

Jeb! Welcome back, I was worried for a second that you eloped with the lady you met in Charles Town and were going to miss out on the fulfillment of your rock-solid snow guarantees.

Archived