• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

8 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

How about that drought thread?

Well, hello there Cobalt. I consider your question to be totally out of line for this thread. But, since you asked.

Most of Virginia is still abnormally dry. The deep water table in the central valley is only 6 ft. below normal after a wet February. March precipitation  has been dismal.

Hopefully, a wet spring and summer will bring us back to normal.

Hopefully, you will get back to the subject at hand.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stormy said:

Well, hello there Cobalt. I consider your question to be totally out of line for this thread. But, since you asked.

Most of Virginia is still abnormally dry. The deep water table in the central valley is only 6 ft. below normal after a wet February. March precipitation  has been dismal.

Hopefully, a wet spring and summer will bring us back to normal.

Hopefully, you will get back to the subject at hand.

Say it ain't so

gfs-ens_apcpn_eus_64.thumb.png.4ed5abfff7d626aa8f5875645c7d013f.png

So yesterday I asked our resident experts what their biggest likely fail scenario was, and it was wave 1 north/rain, and wave 2 does nothing. 

Today overall we've trended better for the first wave, and the latest GEFS offers hope on keeping the second wave alive. So far I'm calling today a WIN on the overall guidance.

6 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Say it ain't so

gfs-ens_apcpn_eus_64.thumb.png.4ed5abfff7d626aa8f5875645c7d013f.png

That GEFS wishcast is nothing more than the EURO telling gullible people early this morning that the northern Virginia area would receive 15 - 30 inches of snow next week.......... Get real and get over you problem. Whatever it is.

By the way, I pray that this verifies.

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Damn, good thing I remember my duck and cover drill. Shots fired all over this evening.

BTW, did you actually reap Randy or is he just in the ICU after the epic bus rollover from the last storm (kudos to the weenie who managed to capture that on film without getting crushed)? 

1 minute ago, stormy said:

That GEFS wishcast is nothing more than the EURO telling gullible people early this morning that the northern Virginia area would receive 15 - 30 inches of snow next week.......... Get real and get over you problem. Whatever it is.

By the way, I pray that this verifies.

Your posts are actually worse than mine. You're trying to wait for a stop sign to say go, aren't you?

3 minutes ago, WeathermanB said:

Your posts are actually worse than mine. You're trying to wait for a stop sign to say go, aren't you?

I am not interested in stop signs or go, but I am a little concerned when Cobalt is relenting to trolling on an otherwise peaceful Friday evening discussing a winter threat next week.

Your posts? I couldn't care less.

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Oh he’s gone :lol: 

He called it after the last fail and I don’t blame him. There’s only so much punishment we can take.

Ah RIP....that is no good for us. He can't really be blamed for running over an IED at speed. 

We need his calming influence and steady hand at the helm -- without him, we've already started degrading into extreme emotional highs and lows with each run, squabbling, and insults. He is sorely missed!

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Wtf is happening in here?

Most of the adults cleared out after happy hour and the thread got taken over by 2 kids and a troll with some weird obsession with a fairly mundane run of the mill not so dry period. It will be fine when 0z rolls in and the regulars return. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Most of the adults cleared out after happy hour and the thread got taken over by 2 kids and a troll with some weird obsession with a fairly mundane run of the mill not so dry period. It will be fine when 0z rolls in and the regulars return. 

Cool. I’ll be back then 

6 minutes ago, stormy said:

I am not interested in stop signs or go, but I am a little concerned when Cobalt is relenting to trolling on an otherwise peaceful Friday evening discussing a winter threat next week.

Your posts? I couldn't care less.

My apologies if I came off as trolling. It was in fact a snarky comment that I made. 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

They are children. What's your excuse?

My excuse is that I have learned from you. You are proud of who you are and don't take nonsense lightly.  I know that I should be more restrained as perhaps we all should. It sometimes drills when personal. Some of this had a personal overtone, going back a ways.

Have a great evening. Please tell me what time the snowfall will begin Monday night or Tuesday. Just kidding!!!! I am not on the same plane as some on this board.

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Lesson learned i should leave this to the professionals unless i have an actual real post to make. Usually from now on it will involve straghtforward points to my argument, instead of me going off for really a pedestrian reason, or no reason at all. i take full responsibility for any inconveniences.

any suggestions?

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Well said PSU.  Now, back to happy hour until there's something worthwhile to read from you, Bob, 007, ers, mattie, HM, H2O, showme, Jeb, Ji (yes, Ji too...) and a few of the other key contributors.  For some of the others...  pleaseeeeee go to banter with the "stuff" and calling it "stuff" is being nice.  "Less is More"   Prost! 

I’d like to see the wave enter at a lower latitude.  If you view the 500 loop (gfs) you can kinda see the general progression across the conus (slightly southeast).  I still think the mid Atlantic is in the game but it doesn’t like it would turn the corner fast enough just based off of the current modeling.  Maybe getting one of those northern pieces to dig a little further west sooner could help as well. Note: just tossing an idea out there

Agree !!!!!!!!!

44 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

My apologies if I came off as trolling. It was in fact a snarky comment that I made. 

Cobalt: If you were not trolling, my apologies. But you admit to being "snarky" which has no place on this board. If you and your young friends feel a need to vent frustrations in your life, I would advise searching for another venue. passions already run high on this forum without snarkiness.

3 minutes ago, stormy said:

Cobalt: If you were not trolling, my apologies. But you admit to being "snarky" which has no place on this board. If you and your young friends feel a need to vent frustrations in your life, I would advise searching for another venue. passions already run high on this forum without snarkiness.

What?  There is a huge amount of snarky posters on this forum. It adds to the fun and is well controlled by the mods if needed.  If you don’t like him, block him.  He adds plenty of value to the forum.  The mods can handle it. You don’t need to advise anyone of anything.  Back off or you should go to another venue. 

Archived