• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

Mean looks fine. Similar to last night. Dropped a little, but that’s expected with a 20” drop in op. Lol 

438E4DD6-A371-4DFA-9C29-01C47747B599.png

Depends on your definition of a little. I dropped from 5.5" to 3". That's a 40% drop. Pretty significant . Also saw a big increase in members that miss to my south with the 6"+ snow. It's not awful. Not ledge worthy. But it's a big step the wrong way from the last 2 runs and I'm not gonna sugar coat that either. I want to see improvements not steps back. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Depends on your definition of a little. I dropped from 5.5" to 3". That's a 40% drop. Pretty signed fixing. Also saw a big increase in members that miss to my south with the 6"+ snow. It's not awful. Not ledge worthy. But it's a big step the wrong way from the last 2 runs and I'm not gonna sugar coat that either. I want to see improvements not steps back. 

I guess one positive is it appears to be the southern outlier of the GEFS, GEPS, and EPS trio.  It looks like if anything the GEPS/GEFS shifted a little north with everything at 12z.

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Depends on your definition of a little. I dropped from 5.5" to 3". That's a 40% drop. Pretty signed fixing. Also saw a big increase in members that miss to my south with the 6"+ snow. It's not awful. Not ledge worthy. But it's a big step the wrong way from the last 2 runs and I'm not gonna sugar coat that either. I want to see improvements not steps back. 

Maybe 3” for you closer to 5 for me. Near the same here so I’m not going to really worry. And of course some members went south, the op went south. It’s not that bad. Only model that far south. Likely a blip imo. 

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

I guess one positive is it appears to be the southern outlier of the GEFS, GEPS, and EPS trio.  It looks like if anything the GEPS/GEFS shifted a little north with everything at 12z.

Yea I'm not unhappy with the full 12z suite. 

Gfs and ukmet are north

cmc and navgem are in the middle. 

Euro and jma are south. 

Overall we're good. But I would feel better if the euro was still on my side. I dont fear north. Not with the blocking I see. Especially with wave 2. If this fails where I am it's going to be suppression so I don't want to see anything south, that's all. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Gfs and ukmet are north

Euro and jma are south. 

Overall we're good. But I would feel better if the euro was still on my side. I dont fear north. Not with the blocking I see. Especially with wave 2. If this fails where I am it's going to be suppression so I don't want to see anything south, that's all. 

Since we're allowing banter I do kinda have that weenie feeling that 12z was the classic hiccup run and at 00z the Euro will be back to something nice.

3 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

Maybe 3” for you closer to 5 for me. Near the same here so I’m not going to really worry. And of course some members went south, the op went south. It’s not that bad. Only model that far south. Likely a blip imo. 

Same here.  6 on 0z and 5 on 12z.  Not gonna sweat it for now.  If 18z has major shift south then I might have to reevaluate my feelings

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Gfs and ukmet are north

Euro and jma are south. 

You’ll do well because despite less precip you be closer to cold smoke.  I have to sweat temps where you don’t have to nearly as much.  I have to worry about IP and you don’t.  You’re good I am sure of it unless...well you know.  I still like to be above the 540 especially in March so this south move by the euro should be welcome.  I think.

I don't judge ensembles by the mean anyways. The mean is skewed. I judge it by the % that give me the desired result. My bar for a "win" here is 6". You can think that's too high and I won't argue but that's my bar. 3-6 I wouldn't complain and it's not a fail but that's kinda a tie to me. Less then 3 is another fail. 

So...

0z

44% gave me 6"+. That was about in line with my 40% max expectations for a hit at medium range. But another factor is the misses were split between north and south evenly so the largest camp was hits. That matters too  

12z

Only 20% give me 6"+ but the worst part is 37/50 miss me south  that's now by far the majority camp.  Only 2 miss north.  1 is a flush hit but weak.  

Thats a major step back for up here.  It's not as bad further south.  But it was a step towards suppression.  Hopefully 0z amps up more.

Archived