• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

34 minutes ago, WeathermanB said:

So desperate for snow that i created a "fake OBS roleplay" thread just for fun to keep people in a good mood.

Its time to shut this winter down, hit the reset button, and assume things will be better next year.  We are due. of course I said that after last years winter and look where it got us this year. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to lie...I've had a few.  with that being said...I honestly want to know the answer to this:   How and why do yall keep going?  Look, we're all passionate and emotional about snow. Anybody who tells you otherwise is lying.  No, we're not going to jump off a building because we miss a storm, but it does affect us in some kind of way.  You're lying if you say it doesnt...I mean, wtf, you're on a nerd message board posting about frozen water.  GTFO of here if you're going to say you're not emotionally vested.

But still...if you get kicked in the nuts 10 times, why do you go back for the 11th?  Serious question.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

I'm not going to lie...I've had a few.  with that being said...I honestly want to know the answer to this:   How and why do yall keep going?  Look, we're all passionate and emotional about snow. Anybody who tells you otherwise is lying.  No, we're not going to jump off a building because we miss a storm, but it does affect us in some kind of way.  You're lying if you say it doesnt...I mean, wtf, you're on a nerd message board posting about frozen water.  GTFO of here if you're going to say you're not emotionally vested.

But still...if you get kicked in the nuts 10 times, why do you go back for the 11th?  Serious question.

Some people obviously enjoy being kicked in the nuts.

12 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I'm definitely a party pooper.  I'm going to **** on all of yall's sheets and towels regarding the rest of this winter.   You'll hate me now, but thank me later.

lol. no hate here , i like your avatar .... that is Yngwie Johan Malmsteen ? isn’t it.  

8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I am still here because I like tracking as well. I am no pro like some here, but enjoy just the same. But I have had snow, but I would still be here anyways. I love the teaching it gives to me and can be quite entertaining at the same time!! #winwin

21 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

18%

20 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

It's a sickness lol.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results..

Insanity??

1 hour ago, gymengineer said:

Sigh, I actually enjoyed the event :) Probably because I was asleep during the changeover and woke up to a nice covering regardless of the sleet. And that sleet/snow pack covered all grass for four mornings. 

Thanks for your encouragement in the banter thread. It’s helpful to see other people moving to do what they need to do. 

As you can tell by my first few posts, last year snow for me was more or less just numbers & fuel for school cancellations. Pretty sure after the changeover I didn't bother to even look out the window or go outside in the sleet/snow. I do remember that the glacier that stuck around for a few days. in Mid March that was pretty special. Glad I learned to enjoy snow for more than just the final measurement & how many days I get of school because of it. 

Simply for how it makes me feel when falling from the sky. For how it looks across the landscape. What I really miss is waking up in the middle of the night of an expected snow but not having to rush to your window for the answer. You know because of the silence. The new blanket of snow has lent a calming silence to your surroundings. And the new snow has an extra lightness to the night which comes to your room. You know it’s snowing and a great day awaits. 

I am so snow deprived I got into it with airport weather observers about DCA's lost snow board (I work on the Hill). I like to track and some of the back and forth on the board is entertaining. I lurk, but if its cold I want it to snow.

Please no one start a warmth tracking thread, because we will screw it up.

23 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I can't speak for anyone else. For me its a few things. First I don't think I'm nearly as frustrated as you. Yes I am not happy about our lack of snow. But I would be equally unhappy if I wasn't tracking and it didn't snow. Im not any more upset because I've been following it. 

2. I do actually enjoy it. I like tracking and ill miss it once it's over. 

3.  It will snow again. Probably not this year. 99% not this year. But we will get a flush hit again and it will feel great and I'm tracking because you never know when it will be. I'm not crazy I know the odds are super low it's this year. But as long as there is even a 1/1000 chance and I know it's lukely to fail and I accept that then there is no harm tracking it. I have no expectations so if it doesn't snow big deal. If it does it's a bonus. 

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I can't speak for anyone else. For me its a few things. First I don't think I'm nearly as frustrated as you. Yes I am not happy about our lack of snow. But I would be equally unhappy if I wasn't tracking and it didn't snow. Im not any more upset because I've been following it. 

2. I do actually enjoy it. I like tracking and ill miss it once it's over. 

3.  It will snow again. Probably not this year. 99% not this year. But we will get a flush hit again and it will feel great and I'm tracking because you never know when it will be. I'm not crazy I know the odds are super low it's this year. But as long as there is even a 1/1000 chance and I know it's lukely to fail and I accept that then there is no harm tracking it. I have no expectations so if it doesn't snow big deal. If it does it's a bonus. 

Completely agree with you. Sometimes our seasons can pull full 360s (like 15/16, 14/15), and sometimes you need to be a big part of it. We can get big storms in otherwise crap seasons (05/06 being an example), and so why not track? Storm going OTS? Jan 25th, 2000. Western track with CAD involved? 2/20/15. We track because we're in it for the ride, and of course the end game.

3 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

For some of us, snow is one of the only sources of happiness. Not the most reliable...but worth it for sure. So if there's ANY chance of it happening, then why the hell not track it?

LOL. this one is good. It hasn't snowed in so many chances, each chance we go forward theres a better chance that one will be the one. plus wth else am i going to do. be productive?

8 minutes ago, Ji said:

I guess this thread is not in storm mode?

It never was man...

It'd be ironic if this "threat" ends up working out of all of them. The one only a few are paying attention to. 

10 minutes ago, WestminsterSnowCapitalMA said:

LOL. this one is good. It hasn't snowed in so many chances, each chance we go forward theres a better chance that one will be the one. plus wth else am i going to do. be productive?

Exactly. High risk / high reward 

48 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

For some of us, snow is one of the only sources of happiness. Not the most reliable...but worth it for sure. So if there's ANY chance of it happening, then why the hell not track it?

I can not even imagine that snow is the only thing that makes one happy.... There is plenty in life to make one happy!! 

Archived