• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PSU was the only one hanging in there for last year's March 13th-14th storm (sleetfest for DC proper, but north and west got 7-10" of decent snow). In fact I think that storm was named in his honor and he started the thread. 

I hereby nominate PSU to start any storm threads for the rest of Morch/April. Maybe we'll get our HECS on April 1. 

4 minutes ago, MountainGeek said:

PSU was the only one hanging in there for last year's March 13th-14th storm (sleetfest for DC proper, but north and west got 7-10" of decent snow). In fact I think that storm was named in his honor and he started the thread. 

I hereby nominate PSU to start any storm threads for the rest of Morch/April. Maybe we'll get our HECS on April 1. 

I was in for that. Actually my event was the fail before that fail. CAPE train! But it wrecked. :( 

25 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Absolutely I would be interested. Problem is my Jeep goes in for a potentially major repair tomorrow morning. So I will be at work with no vehicle, and if it ends up being a major repair, I will get a rental car after work. Any idea what time you will be in the Easton area?

Around 4:30.  

Any other shore folks around??

12 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Around 4:30.  

Any other shore folks around??

There is one guy from the Easton area who posts here, and another from Queenstown. Cant recall their screen names though. And @Lowershoresadness from Salisbury. A few peeps over in DE of course. I will message you here tomorrow shortly after lunch. Hopefully I will know whats going on with my Jeep by then. Would be cool if we could meet at the Washington Street Pub for happy hour. Nice selection of craft beers there.

10 minutes ago, mappy said:

So, only 6 pages since I logged on this am, makes me assume things weren’t so good today

Actually 18Z Drunken GFS looks great.....supported by the completely non-groupthinky GEFS. GEM making 500 mile baby steps in the right direction. 

I think everyone is just too disillusioned at this point and is focusing on drinking whatever the models have been having this afternoon.

image.png.f5bcebd2d015487e72d652832637cdf9.png

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

There is one guy from the Easton area who posts here, and another from Queenstown. Cant recall their screen names though. And @Lowershoresadness from Salisbury. A few peeps over in DE of course. I will message you here tomorrow shortly after lunch. Hopefully I will know whats going on with my Jeep by then. Would be cool if we could meet at the Washington Street Pub for happy hour. Nice selection of craft beers there.

Sounds good!

3 minutes ago, Amped said:

We learned Never to trust the GFS, or 40/70s snow measurements.

Especially the 18z..often the drunkest run of the group...sobers up by 6z...I never wake up to good news on the 6z...today is an example of that.  I expect no less tomorrow.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

PSUs event went off the rails too. Big snow event turned into a sleet bombbbb.

That’s what moved me to basically wipe everyone out. I actually hated all of you by the time last “winter” ended lol.

Sigh, I actually enjoyed the event :) Probably because I was asleep during the changeover and woke up to a nice covering regardless of the sleet. And that sleet/snow pack covered all grass for four mornings. 

Thanks for your encouragement in the banter thread. It’s helpful to see other people moving to do what they need to do. 

Just now, BristowWx said:

Especially the 18z..often the drunkest run of the group...sobers up by 6z...I never wake up to good news on the 6z...today is an example of that.  I expect no less tomorrow.

Nah I was one of the ones who called the GFS out early on that storm.  Even embarrassed myself by being a bit premature.

There's no way the GFS wins with every model against it. Sometimes the Euro does, but never the GFS. I'm not all for bashing the happy hour GFS just for being run at happy hour.  The 6hr difference is enough to make up for any lost accuracy from 12z.

6 minutes ago, ATreglown said:

I see many that love their craft beers and some like a cocktail, any Virginia Wine... wine drinkers around here? That is my beverage of choice!

Not a craft beer guy.  Much prefer cocktails and wine.  We’re members at Stone Tower in Leesburg-ish.  We went to Napa (St. Helena and Yountville) and Sonoma a few years ago for my 30th and it was one of my favorite trips.  I’m a red guy and they didn’t disappoint.  Though since its getting warmer (hopefully eventually), time to bring in more whites and dry rose.  

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Not a craft beer guy.  Much prefer cocktails and wine.  We’re members at Stone Tower in Leesburg-ish.  We went to Napa (St. Helena and Yountville) and Sonoma a few years ago for my 30th and it was one of my favorite trips.  I’m a red guy and they didn’t disappoint.  Though since its getting warmer (hopefully eventually), time to bring in more whites and dry rose.  

I did a California coast wine cruise a couple of years ago. Had a great time!! I am a red myself. I like a Cab. Franc or a Pinot Noir. There is a Petit Verdot from DuCard Vineyards that is amazing!! It is a reserve from I think 2010. Pricey, but well worth it! Summer time comes and I think I may go to whites, but I always reach for the reds, or go to a GT. I do like a good gin. BTW, VA has some excellent reds. I am a fan of winerys and have been to 128 across the state so far. Another fun hobby!!

3 minutes ago, ATreglown said:

I did a California coast wine cruise a couple of years ago. Had a great time!! I am a red myself. I like a Cab. Franc or a Pinot Noir. There is a Petit Verdot from DuCard Vineyards that is amazing!! It is a reserve from I think 2010. Pricey, but well worth it! Summer time comes and I think I may go to whites, but I always reach for the reds, or go to a GT. I do like a good gin. BTW, VA has some excellent reds. I am a fan of winerys and have been to 128 across the state so far. Another fun hobby!!

Wow 128, that’s impressive!  I’ve been to a bunch (10-15) in the Loudoun area (Middleburg and Leesburg clusters) and a handful in the Charlottesville area but we’ve been talking about doing a weekend to check out other good wineries in the state we haven’t been yet.  If we get serious about that this summer I’m definitely going to send you a message to get some suggestions!  

Random story but we were camping back in the fall with some friends in the Antietam area and decided to check out a winery that borders the battlefield — its fairly new and they’re in the process of renovating an old barn to turn into their tasting room/barrel room so we did a tasting under a tent.  They had a banjo band playing music and they were super friendly.  We all thought the wine was good especially compared to Big Cork Vineyards which we had just come from (and thought was terrible).  That’s my kind of camping...going to a winery after hiking...lol

16 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Wow 128, that’s impressive!  I’ve been to a bunch (10-15) in the Loudoun area (Middleburg and Leesburg clusters) and a handful in the Charlottesville area but we’ve been talking about doing a weekend to check out other good wineries in the state we haven’t been yet.  If we get serious about that this summer I’m definitely going to send you a message to get some suggestions!  

Random story but we were camping back in the fall with some friends in the Antietam area and decided to check out a winery that borders the battlefield — its fairly new and they’re in the process of renovating an old barn to turn into their tasting room/barrel room so we did a tasting under a tent.  They had a banjo band playing music and they were super friendly.  We all thought the wine was good especially compared to Big Cork Vineyards which we had just come from (and thought was terrible).  That’s my kind of camping...going to a winery after hiking...lol

Oh, the stories I could tell you!! Especially the southern wine trail back several years ago. But I do not want to turn our "STORM" in to a chasing wine instead! LOL But I have had so many wonderful adventures doing so. It is more rewarding than snow has been to DC!! PM me any time. I would be happy to help!!

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Just to let yall know, I'm going to kill this thread tomorrow after 12z...it'll be merged into long range disco or renamed Ghost Hunters. 

party pooper.  should make it a wind thread. 

Archived