• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

We really have no idea how the confluence is going to work in 4 days. My guess is it ends up flatter/weaker/shearder that what we're seeing in the mid range. Just my gut call with no analysis to back it up

Yea the fact I am still watching means I haven't totally given up on this.  But I never thought this was going to be our "big snow" and even if I do agree that this is likely to trend less amplified coming in and thus might track under us that still doesn't mean I think we get a snow.  History this year suggests that if it does trend south and suppressed then it might also trend dry and squashed completely.  That makes sense because if this is AGAIN mostly northern stream dominant, and the northern stream gets squashed....there wont be much left to work with coming in.  We could end up with another squashed late phaser like the last few.  So many ways to fail.  But I am not sold that a system running up to our NW is the end result yet.  I reserve the right to leave other fail options on the table. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

It's an op run at day 5/6. It's close to being in the wheel house of what we need as far as track, transfer and strengthening. I am not sure what more you could ask for. If the ensembles follow the leader like they are prone to do there is a good chance we see some very good solutions pop out.

It's close for us...I would argue its still not very close to what DC and the majority of this forum reading this need.  But your point about it being a day 6 op is correct I am not writing anything off.  I just doubt we get much snow.  We could.  I am forever the optimist.  But like I just said to Bob even if this gets suppressed under us then we have to worry that it gets squashed too much.  There are so many ways to fail and the time of year only makes that worse I am not optimistic thats all.  But I doubt any single run is going to nail the final result and hold it from this range. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

It's close for us...I would argue its still not very close to what DC and the majority of this forum reading this need.  But your point about it being a day 6 op is correct I am not writing anything off.  I just doubt we get much snow.  We could.  I am forever the optimist.  But like I just said to Bob even if this gets suppressed under us then we have to worry that it gets squashed too much.  There are so many ways to fail and the time of year only makes that worse I am not optimistic thats all.  But I doubt any single run is going to nail the final result and hold it from this range. 

I am not so worried about suppression. Far from it actually. The confluence to the north will drive it only so far south (which is a good thing, hopefully to get it underneath us initially) before the departing low gives it an avenue to drive north. Hopefully right up the coast. I though we saw some good improvements exactly where we needed to see them. Doesn't mean we don't ultimately fail. Just means I thought our chances may have improved.

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I don’t know...I can dream up a variety of scenarios where winter’s knife of despair hits another sweet spot. 

we are zombies now.  only a full shot gun blast to the head can totally destroy us. This pain is coming to an end.

9 minutes ago, mattie g said:

All I care about is tracking warmth at this point. I just walked a few blocks between meetings, and realized (again) that the wind and cold at this point in the year is miserable.

So true, mid March and its so damn cold. Its like rubbing salt in the wound. Just end it already!

3 minutes ago, Amped said:

EUro looks ugly too, 850 temps  warmer than yesterday at 144 across the entire NE 3rd of the country.

The changes this run compared to 12z yesterday in canada are pretty drastic...what happened to all that ridging?

Just now, LP08 said:

The changes this run compared to 12z yesterday in canada are pretty drastic...what happened to all that ridging?

It lost the EPO ridge over Alaska. This allowed a pretty big warm intrusion over the GL.  Any cold is hanging on for dear life across NRN Maine. Unless it comes back we aren't seeing a flake out of that. Onto the next 240 storm.

Archived