• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

3/30?  This area recorded a big snowstorm 3/22. 15". I do see snow reported the 30th but only 1". Was it significant further south?

I still remember that late March storm in 1984 when the Colts left town. I was living up in Carroll county then. Was about 6" I think. Super wet compacted snow. 

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

3/30?  This area recorded a big snowstorm 3/22. 15". I do see snow reported the 30th but only 1". Was it significant further south?

Yes, around 5" at both DCA and IAD. Nothing like what the Euro is showing, but it was firmly below freezing at both airports during the morning event. 

1 minute ago, WestminsterSnowCapitalMA said:

Come on man, this is possibly our last chance at winter. ofc its worth a play by play.

GFS ROLLING LETS GO, BRING IT HOME BABY

I do play by play on my own most of the time. No offense to y'all but this place gets downright stoopid sometimes when a model run is rolling out with a threat on the horizon. 

11 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I do play by play on my own most of the time. No offense to y'all but this place gets downright stoopid sometimes when a model run is rolling out with a threat on the horizon. 

Yea, ops this far out in time only have 1 thing you can actually analyze. It has a storm or it doesn't. Not one specific detail other than that means a damn thing 

29 minutes ago, WestminsterSnowCapitalMA said:

Come on man, this is possibly our last chance at winter. ofc its worth a play by play.

GFS ROLLING LETS GO, BRING IT HOME BABY

April 7, 1971. A low comes in from the southwest with cold air coming in from the north. It bombs! and produces cold air translated to the surface. 17 inches of snow on Afton Mt. to my east. Waynesboro receives 8 inches of snow, on April 7, 1971.

Archived