• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

EPS also shows a legitimate second chance after the d7-8 deal. Maybe we get both.....HAHAHAHAHH......BWAAAAHAHAHH.....nah

maybe this becomes our Jan 2011 after the boxing day miss haha

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, yoda said:

At least its 7 to 8 days out... we once again managed to have finagled it to get it under the 10 day lead

it was a 10 day threat earlier this morning per mappy. We moved up 3 days in about 6 hours #bigwin

16 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

EPS also shows a legitimate second chance after the d7-8 deal. Maybe we get both.....HAHAHAHAHH......BWAAAAHAHAHH.....nah

We're all mostly joking but you know in the back of our minds we're also thinking....well March 42 and 58 have to happen again eventually....we're due!  Lol

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

We're all mostly joking but you know in the back of our minds we're also thinking....well March 42 and 58 have to happen again eventually....we're due!  Lol

I was never in on the last deal so it was easy to not give a crap. This one probably has more promise in general but there's an awful lot of lead time to go and I really don't give a crap yet either. If we're still talking about a direct hit inside of 72 hours then it will be fun. Other than that it's just a whole lotta whatever and hope there's still something to discuss in the short range. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I was never in on the last deal so it was easy to not give a crap. This one probably has more promise in general but there's an awful lot of lead time to go and I really don't give a crap yet either. If we're still talking about a direct hit inside of 72 hours then it will be fun. Other than that it's just a whole lotta whatever and hope there's still something to discuss in the short range. 

Agreed...I think Sat or Sunday at the EARLIEST will be the benchmark (I would say Friday but that may be too soon, lol)

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

From super long range the last one looked good. But then from about day 7 on in I felt it just wasn't right. I was never to the point of thinking it was likely. It almost felt like we were forcing it because we thought it was the last chance. The blocking was holding and the 50/50 was too suppressive and there was a system diving down on top. So much flawed. Not awful. Not no way. But not the perfect setup it looked like from range. If we can get this to day 5 looking the way it does now I'll get more optimistic. The general consensus idea of all the big ticket events has been shown pretty good by the guidance by day 5 the last few years. Small adjustments happen from then on in. Except for New England. Someone sneezes and suddenly a blizzard pops up 36 hours out. 

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

From super long range the last one looked good. But then from about day 7 on in I felt it just wasn't right. I was never to the point of thinking it was likely. It almost felt like we were forcing it because we thought it was the last chance. The blocking was holding and the 50/50 was too suppressive and there was a system diving down on top. So much flawed. Not awful. Not no way. But not the perfect setup it looked like from range. If we can get this to day 5 looking the way it does now I'll get more optimistic. The general consensus idea of all the big ticket events has been shown pretty good by the guidance by day 5 the last few years. Small adjustments happen from then on in. Except for New England. Someone sneezes and suddenly a blizzard pops up 36 hours out. 

I realized from the recent debacle that everything has to be right not just a few things for us.  We don’t seem to luck into things too often.  Cold smoke on March 20th?  It would have to be perfect.  

Regardless of the storm happening or not or not, the cold being modeled around it by the Euro and GFS for after March 20th is pretty amazing. I'm having trouble finding any analogous storms. The two famous post 3/20 snowstorms in our area (42 and 58) both were warmish events that had a huge gradient going from south to north.

Maybe 3/30/1964 is one of the closest in terms of temps? 

15 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

Regardless of the storm happening or not or not, the cold being modeled around it by the Euro and GFS for after March 20th is pretty amazing. I'm having trouble finding any analogous storms. The two famous post 3/20 snowstorms in our area (42 and 58) both were warmish events that had a huge gradient going from south to north.

Maybe 3/30/1964 is one of the closest in terms of temps? 

3/30?  This area recorded a big snowstorm 3/22. 15". I do see snow reported the 30th but only 1". Was it significant further south?

Archived