• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

You know it will happen this time because mostly everyone is focusing on spring.

Besides, the Euro is showing it for consecutive runs.  Remember how the EURO was supposed to be the King model?  This time it will be the leader for us... until it decides to move north and leave us in the dark snowhole

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nice points. I'm rooting for factor 1 more  ..for as strong as a  bowling ball of western energy to come accross the country and muscle  into the confluence . Not that the 50/50 isn't important but I think with time it will verify north . Euro looked great and Gfs actually ejected a little more energy this run. 

If I remember correctly the 50/50 for yesterdays storm was initially pegged to be farther northeast. But that eventually rotated down on the models in subsequent runs to pooch us over. 

The blocking and 50/50 is what i will be focusing on for the next few days. Get that look inside 3 days and I think a lot of the other things fall into place. As far as focusing on the energy rotating down? Not so much. Models will probably have a hard time nailing that energy down at this range, as they normally do, and will see changes from run to run with that feature. Once we get inside of 3 days then it becomes a different story.

I wish we either already had enough snow this winter and this threat wouldn’t show up OR this would just verify. I don’t want to be checking models every 6 hours only to have nothing at the end. 

I should stop letting things that I don’t control effect my emotions...

10 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

Gosh darn it....just when you think it's over and we can finally focus on spring.  If this ends up being another tease it will be a fitting end to this season.  

Rejoice!!  If we are only teased on the 21st, the Euro believes that we can go for the gold on the 24th and 25th. 

6 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

I wish we either already had enough snow this winter and this threat wouldn’t show up OR this would just verify. I don’t want to be checking models every 6 hours only to have nothing at the end. 

I should stop letting things that I don’t control effect my emotions...

I just hope it’s not a slow bleed if it’s going to fail I hope it fails like right away.  

16 minutes ago, yoda said:

You know it will happen this time because mostly everyone is focusing on spring.

Besides, the Euro is showing it for consecutive runs.  Remember how the EURO was supposed to be the King model?  This time it will be the leader for us... until it decides to move north and leave us in the dark snowhole

I find it entertaining how you guys pick and choose which models to hug and toss depending on event and what they show. 

as gut wrenching as last week was....there was virtually no support for our storm. The euro lost it on Monday night and never brought it back. No other models were close. The GFS kept is sucked. If the GFS had a clue(or if we had a clue), last week would of been relatively pain free

Let me also add I don't blame anyone for "turning the game off" at this point. It's logical. I'm just not one to leave before it's over no matter how bad the score. I stayed to the last snap of a game the eagles lost to the colts by almost 40 points late in a 5-11 season once. That's just how I roll. 

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Let me also add I don't blame anyone for "turning the game off" at this point. It's logical. I'm just not one to leave before it's over no matter how bad the score. I stayed to the last snap of a game the eagles lost to the colts by almost 40 points late in a 5-11 season once. That's just how I roll. 

why would you turn the game off when our best threat of the season lies ahead of us

2 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

NAVGEM has the storm

navgem_mslp_pcpn_us_27.thumb.png.8f20676a6f38622a813d28b1c9b4b89a.png

It actually has 2 storms... or what looks like two storms if you go from 156 to 180.  It has a weird split at 168 where you see a 1002mb SLP go out to sea, but a 1003mb SLP still in E TN.  Forward to 174 and 180, and the SLP in E TN "rejuvenates" with QPF as it slowly moves eastward

2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

That was a great storm. For all my southern brethren. But for me, if I remember correctly, I recorded an inch, inch and a half as PSU stole all my snow. 

I was up in PA that year and got nothing. 

10 minutes ago, Ji said:

why would you turn the game off when our best threat of the season lies ahead of us

I agree this threat looks legit. But it's a long way out and it's march and it's been a rough 2 years. Can't blame others for tagging out. 

Im worried I might get fringed up here. :)

1 minute ago, ryanconway63 said:

Almost Find it Strange that there is so much model consensus on the 03/20 event.  Last week was painful tracking the models.  Are they going to make it easy on us with this next storm?

They're probably gonna back out day 5/6. Most big storms have a time where most models just lose the storm. It's if it comes back after that period. IIRC models lost GB '16 8 days out (near the Thursday/Friday period), and then brought it back and never let go. 

Archived