• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
I dont care anymore....I am starting a storm thread for March 20-21. Got nothing to lose.

Ji

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We dont have weenie snow maps of 20 inches or 10 inches....just a very bland looking event right now...thats how boston starts their storm tracking..it looks bland...and then 2 days before storm starts..its 18-24 inches. Someone pin this!

15 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

Dude it shows 5inches in NC. That has 0 historical precedence lol. Not going to happen.

NC has had plenty of late March and even April snowstorms.  In 1983, from April 18-22, snow extended eastward as far as Fayetteville and the mountains picked up 7"

April 4, 1987 also dropped several inches across the western part of the state.

2 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

NC has had plenty of late March and even April snowstorms.  In 1983, from April 18-22, snow extended eastward as far as Fayetteville and the mountains picked up 7"

April 4, 1987 also dropped several inches across the western part of the state.

I find that so hard to believe. The UV index April 20th is like 8/9 in Fayetteville that late in the year. If you say so...

5 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

I find that so hard to believe. The UV index April 20th is like 8/9 in Fayetteville that late in the year. If you say so...

It happens, particularly in the western areas of the state with elevation.  March 30,2003 had more than a foot in the higher elevations.  March 21, 2001 had more than 10".  March 22-23, 1981 had over a foot-and-a-half.  For the eastern areas, an earlier event in 1983, on March 24-25 dropped up to 9".  There are many more examples.

accum.19830325.gif.69b9397fefa0ca260917182150ee62dc.gif

Archived