Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12th - 13th The It's Not Coming Storm Part 2

Rjay

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

I understand, and thats good but the southern stream looks identical to me. Kind of trivial at this stage, but let's hope we have a miracle early phase.

It could be nothing, just thought that the Euro looked a little far Southeast with that feature as compared to reality. I understand that at best it's a very minor difference. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paragon said:

You know those people saying that "the coast has gotten lucky the past few years" blah blah forget that Western Long Island hasn't done all much better than average.  JFK snowfall hasn't been that much above normal, and the only two historic snowstorms we've had since 2000 are PD2 and Jan 2016. (historic defined as 20"+)

This is extremely inaccurate man. Just wrong a million ways. First, historic is not 20+, that’s absurd. Next, w LI is well above average since 2000, it’s not even up for debate. 

13 minutes ago, psv88 said:

This is extremely inaccurate man. Just wrong a million ways. First, historic is not 20+, that’s absurd. Next, w LI is well above average since 2000, it’s not even up for debate. 

He also didn't mention Boxing Day which gave 20" amounts to a large portion of Western LI.

55 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

They are saying that there is a 10% chance of anyone seeing that much snow.

For the record, they actually busted too low with the last storm with regards to this product in Western locations.

Yea I completely understand the purpose of the image above .... it just seems really high to me.

Grasping at straws, I know, but the main difference I see between the 13z mesoanalysis and the 7hr 6Z NAM prog is the 552 and 558dm lines are higher along the east coast (over southern DE and riding the southeast coast as opposed to the tip of the Delmarva and off the coast respectively)

we'll see if that's reflected in 12z guidance shortly

7 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Not bad in terms of qpf but I think this is high all around, particularly factoring in BL temps and when precip is lighter....

I forecasted a minimal event for LI and basically a non-event for NYC. I think the high end is around 6" with this...

Just when the pattern looked great for the NYC area. It's hilarious how we couldn't get a big snowstorm.

HM thinks a 4th noreaster is possible next week. Hopefully we cash in on that one .

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

Just when the pattern looked great for the NYC area. It's hilarious how we couldn't get a big snowstorm.

HM thinks a 4th noreaster is possible next week. Hopefully we cash in on that one .

Yea honestly there will be snow in the air for a while, I just think too much of a BL/ISR issue down at the coast for it to amount to much...Best rates are confined way out east but that's also where BL temps will be highest. The light to moderate snows will struggle to accumulate/keep pace with melting...

8 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Hate to keep :deadhorse: but this is simply not true.

Just because NYC proper didn't jackpot for any of these events doesn't mean that the "New York City" area didn't receive a big snowstorm.

11 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Hate to keep :deadhorse: but this is simply not true.

Just because NYC proper didn't jackpot for any of these events doesn't mean that the "New York City" area didn't receive a big snowstorm.

Geographically I'm 35-40 miles NNW from the Bronx border and I've received 32.2 inches so far this month. It's that close.

The 12z NAM was a step back from the 6z NAM. Overall development was a bit slower and slightly to the east of the 6z run.

It increasingly looks like this storm will take a track somewhat to the south and east of a somewhat less intense but significant eastern New England snowstorm of March 12-14, 1939. That storm brought 11.1" snow to Boston, 10.8" to Worcester, 12.0" to Providence, 8.5" to Hyannis, and 21.9" to Portland (parts of Maine received > 2 feet of snow). NYC received 2.5" snow, Setauket 4.0", and New London 6.4". A trace was recorded in Philadelphia.

1 minute ago, Ericjcrash said:

SLP is not west.

with the northern stream coming down the backside of the southern stream quicker this run that SLP should of been slightly further WEST by maybe 20-25 miles and the western pecip shield is lacking... just saying... with it just east and i mean slightly east of BM that shield should be more expansive to the west.

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived