Newest Member
    joxey
March 12th - 13th The It's Not Coming Storm Part 2

Rjay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

Due East 200 miles then due north 200 miles. Its like drawing a backwards letter L like ___} as opposed to going /

The RGEM depicted an odd stall for about 3 or 4 hours (does like tiny loop at 20hr-24hr) - i think the models are trying to understand how elongated this low will be and how/when that wobble effects the track.

rgem_mslp_pcpn_neus_fh19-25.gif

I'm certainly not the most informed or knowledgeable poster about these things, but judging by what these models do, I'm guessing that it's possible the NAM is jumping the LP to the place of most convection.  I don't know if that means it's in error, but I guess it bears watching.  If I'm not mistaken, I believe a lot of the models were doing that prior to the 1/4 storm this year and the January 2016 blizzard, and only when that got resolved did we find out the true outcome.

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

3k was weird. Bumped 12 plus west to CT river, but was worse west of there. Due to deepening?

models starting to see the subsidence to the west of the main show....better hope we don't end up just west of the main bands or this is a 1-3 inch job for us.

Just now, Brian5671 said:

models starting to see the subsidence to the west of the main show....better hope we don't end of just west of the main bands or this is a 1-3 inch job for us.

Terrible. I have never been just on the other side of one of those mega bands, but it may be our time. We get 2 while Stratford gets 12

Just now, Zelocita Weather said:

The furtherst west deform looks to set up somewhere between C LI and NYC, whoever gets into that will outperform handidly, timing of this storm is perfect for max accum. 

yep-another night time show which helps this time of year.    Unfortunately, another snow day for the kids....(my view not theirs)

2 minutes ago, Zelocita Weather said:

The furtherst west deform looks to set up somewhere between C LI and NYC, whoever gets into that will outperform handidly, timing of this storm is perfect for max accum. 

It may end up very close to NYC.  My hunch is there will be a screw zone roughly along a line from ORH South-southwest to about FOK where they miss the main event and get screwed by the likely more intense band to their west.  They probably will still see more in Westhampton than New Hyde Park or Garden City but it may be closer than anyone thinks in some spots 

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived