Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12th - 13th The It's Not Coming Storm Part 2

Rjay

12 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I’m going with 1” as my final. What snow we had is mostly gone. There’s a semblance of a band forming nearby but it’ll almost certainly be white rain. 

Just unreal how we skunked yet again. My grand total from the last two storms? 3.5”. 

Yup same here almost all gone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I’m going with 1” as my final. What snow we had is mostly gone. There’s a semblance of a band forming nearby but it’ll almost certainly be white rain. 

Just unreal how we skunked yet again. My grand total from the last two storms? 3.5”. 

You moved to the worst spot on Long Island for snow what were you thinking? I thought i had it bad with 7.3" from both storms.

9 minutes ago, RedSky said:

You moved to the worst spot on Long Island for snow what were you thinking? I thought i had it bad with 7.3" from both storms.

He laughs at all of us during the summer. Living on the ocean is not meant for snow during any marginal event.

7 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Maybe they forgot there was old snow underneath...or maybe that death band sat over them longer.  or maybe a little of both.

I guess so, i have the same longitude as Dix Hills which also came in at 11, and the band went from West to east. Regardless, great event for us, 16" for the month, 49" for the year here.

4 minutes ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Maybe they forgot there was old snow underneath...or maybe that death band sat over them longer.  or maybe a little of both.

I’m 5-10 minutes from Plainview. No way there is 10”. Maybe 7-8 possible. I measured about 6”-ish where I am but may have been more before melting and compaction. 

6 minutes ago, Edubbs83 said:

I’m 5-10 minutes from Plainview. No way there is 10”. Maybe 7-8 possible. I measured about 6”-ish where I am but may have been more before melting and compaction. 

Nice positive bust for eastern nassau county, models nailed the sharp cutoff east of the Wantagh, i didnt expect the eastern areas to crack 6"

2 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Unbelievable!!! 

3.0” in wantagh. And 5” from the last storm. A whole 7 miles from you. And double that again another 7 miles NE.

The Central Park trace is a disaster  

I’m 2 miles NW of the Park observation site and a few blocks from the park itself and had 1.5” I was actually doing snow removal. How do you do snow removal for a trace????

3 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Unbelievable!!! 

3.0” in wantagh. And 5” from the last storm. A whole 7 miles from you. And double that again another 7 miles NE.

I’m 2 miles NW of the Park observation site and a few blocks from the park itself and had 1.5” I was actually doing snow removal. How do you do snow removal for a trace????

We typically get the low end of many storms but this has been a much worse shafting than usual. It’s not a typical thing to have places as close as Old Country Road have several times more snow. I guess the degree or two extra has been bad, but we also twice missed out on the heavy rates. The snow that fell is already gone. 

12 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Unbelievable!!! 

Yeah as I posted this morning that was the first bad measure job this year.  This was from the camera around 8am I think and that’s not even that deep in the Park.  You can clearly tell that is not a trace. 

7FC5BB56-12FD-4DD0-BAED-A01C08A87C65.png

13 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

We typically get the low end of many storms but this has been a much worse shafting than usual. It’s not a typical thing to have places as close as Old Country Road have several times more snow. I guess the degree or two extra has been bad, but we also twice missed out on the heavy rates. The snow that fell is already gone. 

It's like serv pro was here ''Like it never even happened''

1 minute ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

I think Boston's gonna bust low on this. They've been watching huge bands to the west that just can't move through. 

They’ll be fine. The death band to their west will pivot through in some fashion and tack on at least 4-5” to what they already have. 

Here I give this storm just like the one before a big F. Maybe F-. I’m completely ready for this disaster of a month to be over. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

They’ll be fine. The death band to their west will pivot through in some fashion and tack on at least 4-5” to what they already have. 

Here I give this storm just like the one before a big F. Maybe F-. I’m completely ready for this disaster of a month to be over. 

Until the threats give out and it's April, I'll keep my hope hat on. 

44 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Unbelievable!!! 

I wasnt home today but i heard 3-4" in North Merrick and about 5" in Massapequa Park.  There's currently less than an inch left at work.

The trained spotter in Massapequa needs to be retrained.  

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived