Newest Member
    joxey
March 12th - 13th The It's Not Coming Storm Part 2

Rjay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

It’s annoying but very likely they get slammed with the deformation banding to the west. Could easily be 4-5” more there. 

The north and south forks must be getting slammed right now. Hopefully the clouds clear out by morning I might take a ride to Montauk or Orient for some photography. 

2 minutes ago, seanick said:

The north and south forks must be getting slammed right now. Hopefully the clouds clear out by morning I might take a ride to Montauk or Orient for some photography. 

Central Suffolk too.  Weenie band that moved swiftly over me seems to be slowing down/pivoting now.

41 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Rates easing up. Going to find an open area to measure, got 6.3” in my yard but it’s covered in trees

Still think you're going to get 10"? ;)

BTW, just poking fun, not being serious.

Nice storm, especially for the coastal plain in mid March.

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

picked up a quick 6 inches of fluff.   Amazing mega band.  It has since moved east and down to light non accumulating snow.

Imagine being under a band like that for like 6 hours, that's what we had last week. Glad you guys got some solid snow out of this one. Probably would have been another 20"+ out this way if the track had been just inside the BM.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

Imagine being under a band like that for like 6 hours, that's what we had last week. Glad you guys got some solid snow out of this one. Probably would have been another 20"+ out this way if the track had been just inside the BM.

Just north of him had 20"-25" last week.

43 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Snow winding down here in SW Suffolk. Picked up 3.0" on colder surfaces and 1.5" on the pavement. In typical March fashion, melting has already begun with big clumps of snow falling off the trees and buildings.

Nice. 3 inches is pretty good.

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

9.5 here in Easton. How close are you to the water? I am literally 1 mile north of the Merritt.

I'm about 1/4 a mile south of the Pkwy.   I'm near the former GE HQ.  Easton does well especially in marginal temps-drove my kids to ECC on Sunday and was surprised how much snow was still OTG there.

Yup, that area was dancing with subsidence for awhile but it looks like that band over Western LI is finally performing well.
Again, the North shore of Suffolk County is unlike any other part of the coast in the state of NY or NJ.
That I can definitely attest to. North Shore is light years away from the rest of the area

5 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

I'm about 1/4 a mile south of the Pkwy.   I'm near the former GE HQ.  Easton does well especially in marginal temps-drove my kids to ECC on Sunday and was surprised how much snow was still OTG there.

Amazing difference in 1.25 miles!

3 minutes ago, Eduardo said:

Measured an average of 4.1" on the grass here in SW Suffolk.  Starting to compact and melt from underneath in earnest now though, especially on the pavement.  All in all, exceeded my low expectations!

You live in a rough area for snow...almost double up here, but happy for you guys down there too

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived