Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12th - 13th The It's Not Coming Storm Part 2

Rjay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Approaching 5" here and still coming down at a good clip. It has been fluctuating between moderate and heavy as I'm on the edge of that band in western CT. That band in western CT ~15 miles east of me is really producing, look at some of the traffic cams here https://cttravelsmart.org/list/cctv?start=60&length=10&order=0&order[dir]=asc

2 minutes ago, Animal said:

yea. Not sure what model indicated that snow amount at my house. lol

impressive storm..

It's been a great March for the interior.

Even with a storm track outside of the benchmark, areas well N&W will receive more snow than the city and most coastal sections outside of Eastern Suffolk, and even they might bust low.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

Even with a storm track outside of the benchmark, areas well N&W will receive more snow than the city and most coastal sections outside of Eastern Suffolk, and even they might bust low.

Bro I’ll have 10”. I’m getting killed. Can’t post pics here for some reason.

1 minute ago, Animal said:

yea. Not sure what model indicated that snow amount at my house. lol

impressive storm..

There was a pretty good signal for high-ratio fronto snows setting up on the far western edge of the envelope early in the course of the event. I did expect it to yield more quickly to the primary conveyor belt snows over ENE, but it's holding its own pretty well as it pivots back over Waterbury. It was ripping in Kent when I passed through a while ago. 

3 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

7 inches here western suffolk, heavy snow.

3 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It sure has... Some spots have over 40" already this month lol

4 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Bro I’ll have 10”. I’m getting killed. Can’t post pics here for some reason.

10"? We will see how long that band stays overhead. You've got a lot of work to do judging by that picture. However you're North shore of Suffolk, which is like a different world compared to the rest of the coastline.

5 minutes ago, e46and2 said:

7 inches here western suffolk, heavy snow.

Yup, that area was dancing with subsidence for awhile but it looks like that band over Western LI is finally performing well.

Again, the North shore of Suffolk County is unlike any other part of the coast in the state of NY or NJ.

6 minutes ago, psv88 said:

FF866A97-A7BF-4BE9-A109-F849418A4E43.jpeg

Wow!  That's incredible!  Looks like it's coming down just as hard by me, but only recently began substantially accumulating.  From that pic, I'd say 10 inches might be tough unless that band stays overhead for awhile, but you look like you're well on your way to 8 or so!  Enjoy!

I'm hoping to crack 6" here.  Steadily accumulating now.

For the record I had all of Suffolk in at least the 4-8" with locally 10"+, but I was worried about the subsidence this morning.

20 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

Tough forecast - Final Call

Light Pink - Coating - 1"

Light Blue - 1-3" - Locally 4"+

Dark Blue - 2-4" Locally 6"+

Green - 4-8" Locally 10"+

Red - 6-12" Locally 12"+

Black - 10-18" Locally 18"+

sketched_5aa6b7f958201.png

14 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

There was a pretty good signal for high-ratio fronto snows setting up on the far western edge of the envelope early in the course of the event. I did expect it to yield more quickly to the primary conveyor belt snows over ENE, but it's holding its own pretty well as it pivots back over Waterbury. It was ripping in Kent when I passed through a while ago. 

Yeah that band meant business when it was here. I think it's pretty much winding down now though.  

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived