Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12th - 13th The It's Not Coming Storm Part 2

Rjay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Been snowing almost moderately for 45 minutes and it took about half that time to start accumulating - we now have a kind of slushy coating on cars and grass, but nothing on pavement, not surprisingly.  Temp down to 33F, but the nice 20+ DBZ band we've been under for most of the last 45 minutes is shrinking, so it might go back to white rain.  Hoping to make it to my 2.5" prediction for my house, but will need some more intensity than this.  

Woke up at 5 am and still only had 1/2" on the ground, but it had dropped to 32F and was starting to accumulate better.  And since then that band of at least moderate snow has filled in nicely for about the eastern 2/3 of NNJ/CNJ down through Ocean and even for areas near Philly.  In the last 45 minutes we've gone from that slushy 1/2" we had to 1" on the colder surfaces and snow is starting to accumulate on paved surfaces (lightly traveled road in front of my house).  I'm sure 32F and night time have helped.  That band looks like it could easily have another inch in it, if it holds together (rotating in from the ocean and looks solid for 20+ miles to my east), so maybe I can make a run at my 2.5" forecast for my house and maybe the NWS can get to 2" in the locations it was predicting 2-3" for yesterday or more if we're lucky.  We'll see.

30 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Another storm with white rain

That's 3 storms already this month like that where the city could have been  caahing in on big totals. This looks like another lame storm for the area.

Would have been a completely different story had these storms occurred last month with these same airmasses.

Just now, Paragon said:

The thing that has me interested is it seems like next week will be colder than this week- that is, even the days it's not snowing the highs will be in the mid to upper 30s.  I think we're okay for snow until about the 20th or so, so it looks like that storm will come in just under the wire if it happens.

Of course it can snow into April here, but you need true arctic air for that.

A track like the Euro shows would be great for NJ and the LHV again. I’m not sure the city posters can stomach that again.

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

A track like the Euro shows would be great for NJ and the LHV again. I’m not sure the city posters can stomach that again.

A dry slot track for here? It was snowing most of the time during that storm here, it just wasn't sticking much.  Suffolk county managed to get close to 10" somehow though.

1 hour ago, bklnwx1 said:

https://toomanyphotos.smugmug.com/20101226-Blizzard-in/i-GfdjHj6 

Apologize for off topic    -my photos from DEC 2010 Boxing Day in Brooklyn

Nice pics. Great memories!  I have pics from just about every major snowstorm that's occurred here starting with the 02-03 winter (great time to start)!  Dec 2010 was big here but not even close to Jan 2016 (which might have been a once in a lifetime kind of storm for here.)  Looking through my pics for Boxing Day and comparing them to PD2 though they are somewhat comparable.  Jan 2016 is just   a lot ahead of every other storm I've photographed (for duration and intensity.)

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived