Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12th - 13th The It's Not Coming Storm Part 2

Rjay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

How come Jan 2000 is impossible? Models have improved too much? 

That was like a 250 mile error.  There was another issue there which I forgot such as a damaged RAOB issue at one of the offices that was unnoticed or a bad wind profiler injected into the models 

3 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Remote but this is a setup where the models have screwed up before. They can view northern stream shortwaves as kickers and be wrong or misplace the low centers slightly due to convection.  You won’t see a January 2000 type error but a 70-100 mile gaff is possible 

IF and i mean BIG IF the models are off by 70-100 miles.... ok i will just end it right there... no seriously that would be a major bust for the area but in a positive way for us snow lovers.... the general public would be furious!!

2 minutes ago, allgame830 said:

OK lets just be hypothetical here lets say if this does end up 70-100 further WEST what would be the amts be?

It’s hard to say.  As pointed out by some Mets in the SNE forum the higher res models continue to show strong frontogenesis over central CT into central LI where another big band of snow may setup.  If this has a track error couple with the usual mistake of placing that frontogensis 20-40 Miles too far to the east it easily puts NYC and NERN NJ into decent snow 

25 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

That was like a 250 mile error.  There was another issue there which I forgot such as a damaged RAOB issue at one of the offices that was unnoticed or a bad wind profiler injected into the models 

I think up until the very end the models were keying in on the wrong shortwave

2 minutes ago, weatherlogix said:

I mentioned that earlier this morning

I feel like in every storm that happens.  And sometimes it's real (see February 2009, where Philly got into record breaking snows when they were expected to be in foot range), and sometimes it isn't.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived