• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Hvward

March 12th-13th ULL Discussion

Big sleet chunks mixed with snow started at 2:45 - now it is all snow with silver dollar sized flakes mixed in. 2 miles north of chatham county off Smith Level Rd. Chapel Hill.

Snowing pretty hard at the house in SE Wake, according to the wife.  Sent me brief vid which shows a mulch-topper in progress.  All sleet/rain in downtown Raleigh.

Just eyeballing it I think we have 2 inches or so here in Danville, still coming down moderate/light and should do so for next hour or 2. Nice winter here overall. 16 inches of snow for the season. 

It’s been snowing pretty moderately for about 45 minutes in North Raleigh.  Mulch beds are all completely covered, grass is getting there and roads are getting covered as well.  I really blew this storm off. Such a pleasant surprise!

19Z HRRR shows radar returns over Wake until 8PM.  The actual radar looks like it would not be the case.  Are there echos that the radar is not picking up on behind the main band?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

19Z HRRR shows radar returns over Wake until 8PM.  The actual radar looks like it would not be the case.  Are there echos that the radar is not picking up on behind the main band?

the WRAL Radar is showing returns as far back as Greensboro still. based on my experience it's been accurate

4 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

Flurries here near CLT. These bands have beefed up and look decent. Nice surprise perhaps? Brad did mention the possibility.

The best obs I can find out of that band is Light Snow at 9 miles VIS at HKY.

3 minutes ago, wxdawg10 said:

the WRAL Radar is showing returns as far back as Greensboro still. based on my experience it's been accurate

Yep.  Still snowing in GSO at the moment.

P.S.  Just now measured 2.5” IMBY.  Wrapping up soon.