SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12th-13th ULL Discussion

Hvward

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

big ole flakes and good rates is something I haven't seen here since probably Dec 2010....everything covered now even the roads are going white. Temp down to 33 and we could get below freezing sand stay there until morning according to MHX so that might lead to a bit more road trouble than initially thought, schools already on 2 hr delay.

17 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

big ole flakes and good rates is something I haven't seen here since probably Dec 2010....everything covered now even the roads are going white. Temp down to 33 and we could get below freezing sand stay there until morning according to MHX so that might lead to a bit more road trouble than initially thought, schools already on 2 hr delay.

Just drove back to Greenville from Greensboro. Roads were clear until east of Raleigh. 264 was terrible between Farmville exit and Greenville.

5 minutes ago, ecm3667 said:

Just drove back to Greenville from Greensboro. Roads were clear until east of Raleigh. 264 was terrible between Farmville exit and Greenville.

Yeah parking lot at work is all covered temp right at 32 the question now is how long does it snow, if it goes till 10-11 with decent rates we will end up with a couple of inches. Also welcome to the boards.....

19 minutes ago, CaryWx said:

Guys it's been a decent winter.  Nice little snow run to end the season

Seen snow 4 times with 3 of them leaving snow on the ground. Went below zero in early January and had -4 readings on my vehicle and also my home station. Add tonight's epic flakes then it' a win...

Especially with the Feb torch that provided us a nice break from the cold with still lots of snow for the winter.

Well this was unexpected, parallel HRRR nailed it. Legit heavy snow (visibility was quarter mile for about 10-15 minutes) combined with big flakes gave the warm ground no chance. Within 20 minutes everything was coated, including roads.

Currently 32 degrees, moderate snow. There is about 0.5-1" of snow on nearly all surfaces. Just got placed under a WWA too for up to 3". 

Winding down near town center of Virginia Beach as well, I measured just over an inch on my deck right after my previous post 20 minutes ago. That accumulation is already halved since it started raining and temp rose to 33.6. This was a nice little surprise!

8 minutes ago, SteveVa said:

Winding down near town center of Virginia Beach as well, I measured just over an inch on my deck right after my previous post 20 minutes ago. That accumulation is already halved since it started raining and temp rose to 33.6. This was a nice little surprise!

NAM predicted we'd get some heavy wet snow a few days out. 

10 minutes ago, Coach McGuirk said:

NAM predicted we'd get some heavy wet snow a few days out. 

True, but I was still surprised since I didn't expect NAM to be right. Neither did NWS or local TV mets. I was placed under WWA an hour ago; this morning there was not even a mention of snow in the HWO for MBY. The met at WAVY barely mentioned wintry precip in the 5pm forecast...

Archived