Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12th-13th ULL Discussion

Hvward

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TheVille said:

These are some huge flakes coming down in Statesville right now. Roads are getting bad.. kind of came out of nowhere.

I'm also in Statesville.  I wouldn't necessarily agree that it came out of nowhere...   :)

I work in the school system and I honestly rely more on this site than anything for accurate weather.  Shame our central office doesn't or maybe they wouldn't be caught with their pants down again like they did with the December storm.

2 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

some sleet mixing in with rain here. not sure if the snow line will make it far enough south.

Not that we were expecting much of anything, but it's amazing we have yet another storm where the northern suburbs could see a slushy inch or two with some heavy rates, while uptown and points south see nothing. Never ceases to amaze me how often the Charlotte and Raleigh metro areas are the dividing line.

1 minute ago, SnowDeac said:

Not that we were expecting much of anything, but it's amazing we have yet another storm where the northern suburbs could see a slushy inch or two with some heavy rates, while uptown and points south see nothing. Never ceases to amaze me how often the Charlotte and Raleigh metro areas are the dividing line.

its because i moved here this year from raleigh. fully expect rdu to get 2-3" this afternoon lol.

I keep hearing in social media that this transitioned earlier than expected in some areas and sleet and snow are coating roads. Many schools are dragging their bottoms with a release. If this continues to transition early into the east we will have a sticky situation even with a delay. Seeing pics from the Triad areas. 

Just now, Regan said:

I keep hearing in social media that this transitioned earlier than expected in some areas and sleet and snow are coating roads. Many schools are dragging their bottoms with a release. If this continues to transition early into the east we will have a sticky situation even with a delay. Seeing pics from the Triad areas. 

Yep.  Bus picked up the kids at 8am and now it's ripping snow.  The county schools have let out but Mooresville schools still silent.  Wife going to pick them up now.

2 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Continued steady snow in Hickory.  Not really accumulating on the roads, but sticking to cartops and grassy surfaces.  If the rates would increase a bit, we might have something, but the back edge appears to be approaching quickly...unless it decides to pivot more.

Yep, back edge of the precip band moving in from the west.  I think regeneration will only be spotty at best.

Archived