Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12th-13th ULL Discussion

Hvward

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, PackGrad05 said:

12Z GFS shows 3" for Wake...  It will never happen because of warm temps and horrible ratios, but evidently it will be a pretty potent band coming through tomorrow afternoon/evening...  NAM showing it too.

I would say if the precip change over to snow and is heavy enough, we could see 3:1 ratios. So maybe somebody sees 3" whereas most others are under 1". Just my thinking.   

4 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

I would say if the precip change over to snow and is heavy enough, we could see 3:1 ratios. So maybe somebody sees 3" whereas most others are under 1". Just my thinking.   

Agreed.  I think it will be those fat/feathery flakes that are pretty to look at.  But not much sticking.

3 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

They are so tore up... but its been this way all winter for them... most misses to the south and hit us.

I was actually kind of hoping that the storm would steer towards them.  It's not going to me much good except maybe some wet flakes.  They could have really done something with it.

Ok that's enough of my banter in the storm thread.

1 hour ago, PackGrad05 said:

12Z GFS shows 3" for Wake...  It will never happen because of warm temps and horrible ratios, but evidently it will be a pretty potent band coming through tomorrow afternoon/evening...  NAM showing it too.

I remember back in the 90's we had a system like this where it was rain mostly but near the end there was a band of crazy heavy snow that formed and we went from 40ish and rain to 32-33 and heavy snow and it dumped the biggest flakes i have ever seen for 1-2 hrs and we had 2-3" on the grass it even covered the roads, and this all occurred around lunchtime...as soon as it stopped the temps went back to 40 and a few hrs later all the snow had melted. I cant remember the exact year but it was the early to mid 90's and March when it happened ( a lot of the 90's are a blur for me damn you malted hops and barley and bong resin )

5 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

I remember back in the 90's we had a system like this where it was rain mostly but near the end there was a band of crazy heavy snow that formed and we went from 40ish and rain to 32-33 and heavy snow and it dumped the biggest flakes i have ever seen for 1-2 hrs and we had 2-3" on the grass it even covered the roads, and this all occurred around lunchtime...as soon as it stopped the temps went back to 40 and a few hrs later all the snow had melted. I cant remember the exact year but it was the early to mid 90's and March when it happened ( a lot of the 90's are a blur for me damn you malted hops and barley and bong resin )

I remember March 94 something similar to this. 

I was working 3rd shift at Lowe’s Foods. Sometime during the night the rain turned to sleet the heavy wet snow. It was like 5 in. Roads were covered but slushy covered.

6 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

What’s your thoughts for your area and ours? @BornAgain13 you as well. What you thinking? 

I think you are in a good spot with the ULL trending slower and south on the EURO. I think 4 to 6 is a good bet for you with colder temps. Borderline here and rate dependent but a few inches on the grass seems a good bet 

8 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I think you are in a good spot with the ULL trending slower and south on the EURO. I think 4 to 6 is a good bet for you with colder temps. Borderline here and rate dependent but a few inches on the grass seems a good bet 

4 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

3-6" for you, 2-4" in Danville... because I believe we will get some very fast rates... their could be locally more.

I like it fellas! Pretty much my thoughts as well. I could see someone up around me getting up to 8” depending on rates and what the temps do prior to precip arrival. Hoping for the best. One last hoorah. Talk to you guys soon.

Archived