• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

Absorb your orgasmic ecstasy ... then, in 20 minutes when breathing again...  We figured for a robuster solution as yet to come.  The question is, is this the last shift ... or is it along a trend.

This run phases closer to 70 percent similar to the GEFs ensemble mean from 12z ...    I don't know if en masse all guidance are done with this correction toward phasing...

I do suspect at this point we are shedding probability for going the other way due to the overwhelming governing flow indicators as discussed. 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Absorb your orgasmic ecstasy ... then, in 20 minutes when breathing again...  We figured for a robuster solution as yet to come.  The question is, is this the last shift ... or is it along a trend.

This run phases closer to 70 percent similar to the GEFs ensemble mean from 12z ...    I don't know if en masse all guidance are done with this correction toward phasing...

I do suspect at this point we are shedding probability for going the other way due to the overwhelming governing flow indicators as discussed. 

Good job with this one, man...all over it-

Not to add hysteria already to detonating powder -keg of excitement, but ... I'm actually surprised the surface low was more pulled back west. Not a lot, but a little more, as the 500mb features were a bit more dramatic it seemed.

Nevertheless, that impressive how at 78 hours, you can really see this thing wants to stall... it does, because the 84 hour frame doesn't give that any option to escape the clutches of the N/stream .. .so in fact, this is captured enough to delay departure as it is. Fascinating...

• Thanks 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Not to add hysteria already to detonating powder -keg of excitement, but ... I'm actually surprised the surface low was more pulled back west. Not a lot, but a little more, as the 500mb features were a bit more dramatic it seemed.

Nevertheless, that impressive how at 78 hours, you can really see this thing wants to stall... it does, because the 84 hour frame doesn't give that any option to escape the clutches of the N/stream .. .so in fact, this is captured enough to delay departure as it is. Fascinating...

Which is more realistic, 3k or 12k NAM.

3k is a typical Washington to Boston classic.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Should stall given trends. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

Fantastic model trends today.  What a great part of the country we live in if you are a weather enthusiast.   This trifecta of 3 powerful storms back to back to back.  Wow.  Relish these times when we are in a weather lull.  On to the GFS...

Not quite as extreme but it reminds me (meteorologically...not from memory as I'm not old enough) of the roughly 2 week period between Jan 21-Feb 6, 1978...just kept getting dynamic bomb solutions out of seemingly every threat. Very high dynamics in each system. Also had a rotting NAO block much of the time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1