• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

23 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Is it just me or is the northern stream vort a lot further southwest of where it's modeled to be?

FWIW, most recent RAP models have the northern stream vort exactly the same over Wisconsin/Michigan/Iowa as other model guidance... (i.e. further northeast of where it might seem on water vapor)

5 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Just looking at the RAP for early fun. Good lord. 3 feet E MA (out of its' range)

Yeah 12z RAP shows how it's done for entertainment in clown range... well-timed interaction of n/s streams and this closes and reopens multiple times with influx of n stream prolonging impacts on SNE

Just now, wxsniss said:

Yeah 12z RAP shows how it's done for entertainment in clown range... well-timed interaction of n/s streams and this closes and reopens multiple times with influx of n stream prolonging impacts on SNE

As we've preached before, definitely fine to look at these runs from here on out. 

No one should be looking at an individual run. Track the trend of the run as it corrects to a solution. You'll get a great handle on what's coming between the HRRR and RAP if you follow it correctly.

Just now, DomNH said:

It's an infection you may get down there, but that's not important right now.

It's the hi-res RGEM. 

Thanks guys! 

Great stuff today.  Good friends of ours in a group of 10 people are all heading to Guatemala via MIA at 730am out of Logan on Wed AM.  They are all texting me asking if they will get out.  Hum.  The storm will be basically over, diminishing winds with ongoing cleanup. I would guess the equipment would have to already be on the ground from the evening before for a departure that early.  I gave them a 75% chance of this working out...

20 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Wow the JMA!

Looks like we all get slammed, especially when you consider higher ratios inland. I guess "in my own little corner of my own little world I can pretend whatever I want to be". Heard that song a million times when my daughter was little. She was a Cinderella addict. In this case it applies to the hopes I put in whatever model shows the most extreme performance.

6 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Thanks guys! 

Great stuff today.  Good friends of ours in a group of 10 people are all heading to Guatemala via MIA at 730am out of Logan on Wed AM.  They are all texting me asking if they will get out.  Hum.  The storm will be basically over, diminishing winds with ongoing cleanup. I would guess the equipment would have to already be on the ground from the evening before for a departure that early.  I gave them a 75% chance of this working out...

Big delay I bet because of equipment but models are starting to signal off and on light snow after everything moves out so maybe take that into consideration?  My wife has to go to DC Wednesday at 2-Probably will not be impacted given the number of flights BOS-DCA.