Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,508
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald
    Joined
Typhoon Tip

March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol the model runs will be there when you wake up.

That's become my take of late.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

In the dark-sitting or standing?

LOL--TMI.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I mentioned your name the other day that your snow maps use to give rise to many..................:lol:

I lived for those maps.  In fact, I think the last time I managed to jackpot was when you were making those!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OKpowdah said:

DST is EXTREMELY useful now! We need every minute of evening daylight we can get for chasing ;)

Prospects of epic banding over eastern New England brought me here to watch y'all get hyped up! What a stretch.

5 possible opportunities for deep deep BM area cyclones has produced 3 epic storms, historic really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I mentioned your name the other day that your snow maps use to give rise to many..................:lol:

lol I was tempted to make a map for this storm. I'm sure the snowfall distribution will be as phallic as ever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

5 possible opportunities for deep deep BM area cyclones has produced 3 epic storms, historic really.

Beginning with the early January bomb and going forward, the last 2 and half months have delivered a very impressive frequency of rapid deepening and deep cyclones inside 65W, and even more remarkably, south of 40N. I mean multiple sub-970 xtrop lows inside 40/65 in a couple months. Amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

DST really sucks. Totally useless this early in the year. 

00z RPM out to 2 hours. Gonna be a long hour of waiting...sans the brief interruption where metfan tells us the 21z srefs look good. 

They are! :weenie::snowwindow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been pouring over HRRR runs for an hour and for every run the low jumps around dozens of miles like a hot potato.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Weenie said:

I've been pouring over HRRR runs for an hour and for every run the low jumps around dozens of miles like a hot potato.

You are so appropriately named...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Actually, for real, its dead in here...post something

This is one of the few set ups where both you and I can get a fun storm and some healthy snowfall.  

Not too often you get a look like this on the EPS mean that's both favorable for SE Ma and the North Country up here! 

IMG_8812.thumb.PNG.ba1835d73f0723d42338215312d11f7d.PNG

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just trying to get caught up with models for this and not sure what has been discussed as far as CT is concerned but 18z bufkit soundings were not impressive at all across much of CT (although IJD looked solid) but SGZ didn't look all that appealing to me. Plus I think a large chunk of the state is going to be smoking subsidence. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You are so appropriately named...

Thanks, I've lurked on this forum for the Wednesday storm and I saw the word weenie being tossed around and I was shocked that no one had chosen it yet.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is one of the few set ups where both you and I can get a fun storm and some healthy snowfall.  

Not too often you get a look like this on the EPS mean that's both favorable for SE Ma and the North Country up here! 

IMG_8812.thumb.PNG.ba1835d73f0723d42338215312d11f7d.PNG

 

Oh, I like that, a lot!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, OKpowdah said:

DST is EXTREMELY useful now! We need every minute of evening daylight we can get for chasing ;)

Prospects of epic banding over eastern New England brought me here to watch y'all get hyped up! What a stretch.

hopefully you guys will have something to chase...been pretty quiet nationwide for awhile regarding severe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What is the deepest this storm is being modeled at? 962-964?

I've seen 962mb

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Just trying to get caught up with models for this and not sure what has been discussed as far as CT is concerned but 18z bufkit soundings were not impressive at all across much of CT (although IJD looked solid) but SGZ didn't look all that appealing to me. Plus I think a large chunk of the state is going to be smoking subsidence. 

Yes, welcome to the party. Grab a brew, don't cost nothin'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Just trying to get caught up with models for this and not sure what has been discussed as far as CT is concerned but 18z bufkit soundings were not impressive at all across much of CT (although IJD looked solid) but SGZ didn't look all that appealing to me. Plus I think a large chunk of the state is going to be smoking subsidence. 

Subsidize this :weenie: exhaust from ECT 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Not blowing load early unlike other Jan blizzard.

Yea, Screw some occluded POS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Yes, welcome to the party. Grab a brew, don't cost nothin'.

I've only really gotten to look at things over the past hour but I don't even know how you really portray a snowfall map right now :lol: I mean there are just so many uncertainties still and many of these uncertainties spew down to the mesoscale level in which good luck pinpointing now. Plus having the storm modeled as strong as it is and just how rapid the cyclogenesis happens is not really a good thing at all...we're going to see banded precip as opposed to a solid widespread precipitation shield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×