• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Nice!!

Already put on 350, hoping for another 150 for tmrw before the snow sets in up here in the evening.  

This is gonba extend the season even longer up here, and for Jackman/Eustis as well!

There was a lot of snow except some of the higher spots got blown off and we ran into some logging.

Honestly hard to find something to grab onto to help us nowcast this in the next few hours

Such a complex interaction aloft, and at the surface the exact location of the low does not seem to correlate with impact... at least within the next 6 hours

For example by 12z Tuesday morning, the GFS is actually more northwest than the NAM...

Which makes another point: GFS qpf distribution is complete garbage. I'm confident in leaning towards NAM/RGEM/HRRR/RAP at this point over GFS. Also easy to get lost because it's infrequent, but Euro steadily ticked up for 3 runs in a row.

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Honestly hard to find something to grab onto to help us nowcast this in the next few hours

Such a complex interaction aloft, and at the surface the exact location of the low does not seem to correlate with impact... at least within the next 6 hours

For example by 12z Tuesday morning, the GFS is actually more northwest than the NAM...

Which makes another point: GFS qpf distribution is complete garbage. I'm confident in leaning towards NAM/RGEM/HRRR/RAP at this point over GFS. Also easy to get lost because it's infrequent, but Euro steadily ticked up for 3 runs in a row.

Dude, just extrapolate the RAD....that death band looks to camp out between 128 and 495.

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nice!!

Already put on 350, hoping for another 150 for tmrw before the snow sets in up here in the evening.  

This is gonba extend the season even longer up here, and for Jackman/Eustis as well!

Eat at Lakeview.  You on Van Buren Lake?  Say hello to the Cyrs and Dionnes.

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Dude, just extrapolate the RAD....that death band looks to camp out between 128 and 495.

Maybe... but I don't think it's simply extrapolation of current radar... the entire system retrogrades northwest with northern stream pull later Tuesday morning, and that is gonna be critical for the bigger totals.

That critical aspect can't be extrapolated from radar, and that's what I'm trying to see if we can nowcast.

Gonna be a thrill of a morning. You staying up all night? I'm thinking of recharging for a few hours.

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

Maybe... but I don't think it's simply extrapolation of current radar... the entire system retrogrades northwest with northern stream pull later Tuesday morning, and that is gonna be critical for the bigger totals.

That critical aspect can't be extrapolated from radar, and that's what I'm trying to see if we can nowcast.

Gonna be a thrill of a morning. You staying up all night? I'm thinking of recharging for a few hours.

Yea, I didn't mean to imply extrapolation tells the whole story....but it at least gives you an idea of the haves and have nots in a worst case.