• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Montauk pt and BID must be doing like 2"/hr now.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Montauk pt and BID must be doing like 2"/hr now.

It's been raining for hours in these locations and along the south coast, although the rain has not been heavy.

Nice to wake up to a blizzard warning.

Today

Snow, mainly after 8am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 34. Breezy, with a north wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Tonight
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 31. Blustery, with a north wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Wednesday
Snow before 11am, then rain and snow between 11am and 1pm, then rain after 1pm. High near 38. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Storm delayed? My forcst called for 1-3" last night and we've only got high cirrus

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

No models were showing that for last night.  Yesterday's 12z and 18z runs were showing start times around 6-7 here at Pit2.  They've slowed a little bit--I don't think I'll see flakes here until 8:00 or later.

5 hours ago, OKpowdah said:

The fgen band already overperforming as it is, if the elevated isothermal layer can cool just like a degree more, someone in SE MA is guaranteed 30" with prolonged 3-4/hr rates. Other guarantee is someone just W of this mega-band, and east of some western edge banding, is getting screwed.

That would be me.

5 hours ago, bobbutts said:

I'm a candidate.

Yup

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Storm delayed? My forcst called for 1-3" last night and we've only got high cirrus

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Like the last one?  Was expecting a nasty drive home last Wednesday afternoon, still had only 0.1" at 9 PM, but the storm finished as an overperformer.  I'd sign for a repeat.  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...