• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

GFS is the only model that didn't up the ante, though.

GFS has the 700mb front 50-75 miles east of the NAM at 18hrs.   Looks like NAM just pulls the midlevel warmth further west.  I'm usually for playing it safe and splitting the difference.

1 minute ago, Semper911 said:

Makers Mark. Never tried High West, but I'll look for it if you recommend it.

My brother turned me onto it. I recommend the Rendezvous version if you can find it. Campfire, though, is rather spicy and this could jive depending on your palate. 

2 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

I would therefore expect the Euro to follow suit...

Euro had a crazy awesome 12z run...so if it ticked a hair east, it would still be a crazy awesome run, though maybe just a tick east. The GFS has never had a crazy awesome run in this whole storm anywhere NW of about PYM. I'll define "crazy awesome" as 18"+ totals.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro had a crazy awesome 12z run...so if it ticked a hair east, it would still be a crazy awesome run, though maybe just a tick east. The GFS has never had a crazy awesome run in this whole storm anywhere NW of about PYM. I'll define "crazy awesome" as 18"+ totals.

I was referring to the Euro following the UKie correlation brother. 

With regards to the GFS, I never really have liked this model tbh. I look at it as a big picture model, however, with the finer details, it just does not have the resolution. Therefore, in a situation such as this, I tend not give it much weight. 

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

2 of the big time models too... hope that’s wrong. Globals vs mesos?

I don’t consider gfs big time for these events.   I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this behavior in all the big ones including January 2015.   Ukmet a hair east may need t make a difference actually.