• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, The Graupler said:

Looks bad... lots of people will lose power with temps plunging into the 20's.  good chance for severe property damage for people still recovering from the last two nor'easters.

Flooding, potential burst pipes, lots of people will miss work, driving will be impossible, people wont be able to get medical help.

But hey.. SNOW PACK!!!!

The People's deformation band.

Just now, bobbutts said:

I always struggle getting the right feel with these events that get the majority of the board super excited, but don't impact up here as much.  Hard not to get worked up along with everyone else.   Do you feel good about 8-16" range the local pros are going with?

I feel good about it. We’re sorta on the edge of that CCB so the stakes are high with a fine line between some sustained subsidence and 2-4”/hr. I’m leaning 14.2” +/- 2” for CON with my bet with my coworker. 

• Like 2

Tweets from James:

I might be considered insane for saying this, but what if the 18z GFS max zone of 40-60" is not that far off from happening

New Englanders living from Cape Ann to Cape Cod, we are in for one heckuva blizzard, perhaps legendary by the latest guidance and if the next GFS run comes out with 4-6" of PRECIP over Cape and Islands, you can verify that a historic storm is underway as we haven't had more than

35" in a single storm, this one might top that easily in a 21 hour period as snowfall rates will reach 2-4"/hour for at least the 12 hours to start the storm and a wicked comma head hits the area head on, hurricane force wind gusts likely now

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

This one might not be so common for some

True. I just cant help but feel like theyre getting bigger, badder and more frequent. Maybe im just more aware now that im creeping up on 30. 

Common was a bit of an overstatement :weenie:

5 minutes ago, The Graupler said:

Looks bad... lots of people will lose power with temps plunging into the 20's.  good chance for severe property damage for people still recovering from the last two nor'easters.

Flooding, potential burst pipes, lots of people will miss work, driving will be impossible, people wont be able to get medical help.

But hey.. SNOW PACK!!!!

08C92132-FA7B-44FF-A658-A99A4BC0FC43.jpeg

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Just got out of NYC and on way back to NH (just in time). Looking over models while sitting at this gas station, a “safe” forecast for SE NH would be 14-20”. However, can’t rule out 24” lollis around here and especially to south of us. Will post more in the morning because I got to finish this drive.

I like those numbers. What were you doing in NY?

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

And now RGEM

Every single piece of guidance is tucking this in to more impactful, very obvious trends tonight. 1-2 feet widespread eastern SNE looking more likely.

I think you'd have to consider 12 inches the floor for all of eastern and central MA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

And now RGEM

Every single piece of guidance is tucking this in to more impactful, very obvious trends tonight. 1-2 feet widespread eastern SNE looking more likely.

That's been looking likely for a while. But things are definitely looking up for the river west folks!