• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't know how else to put this ... but it appears to me the models simply can't handle this system.

It seems to be correcting west at < 12 hours on every cycle ...but ...soon as it gets to 15... the lows relocate way out at sea, only to correct west when that next run makes that 18 hour the 12...

see the pattern... It's like this thing is going to close in on a BM transit in the models, AS it is happening.  That's what it's seems like to me this hour.

"if" something like that were to rein true, then you got issue back toward NYC and ALB where I'm not sure people would be sufficiently warned.  Let alone... what the hell is happening on the eastern NE coastal plain in a situation like that!  jesus christ.

Also, presently, WPC's surface low is west already (by a little) of these model fixes from 12z and 18z for 12 and 6 hours out, respectively - not sure if that's part and parcel of the above concern. 

Also, national radar scope/loop shows a clear pivot point has evolved near the SE Jersey coast, with moderate snow now flashed over in the MA...

The observation et al don't strike me as a system charging straight out to the Flemmish Cap.

Nude.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't know how else to put this ... but it appears to me the models simply can't handle this system.

It seems to be correcting west at < 12 hours on every cycle ...but ...soon as it gets to 15... the lows relocate way out at sea, only to correct west when that next run makes that 18 hour the 12...

see the pattern... It's like this thing is going to close in on a BM transit in the models, AS it is happening.  That's what it's seems like to me this hour.

"if" something like that were to rein true, then you got issue back toward NYC and ALB where I'm not sure people would be sufficiently warned.  Let alone... what the hell is happening on the eastern NE coastal plain in a situation like that!  jesus christ.

Also, presently, WPC's surface low is west already (by a little) of these model fixes from 12z and 18z for 12 and 6 hours out, respectively - not sure if that's part and parcel of the above concern. 

Also, national radar scope/loop shows a clear pivot point has evolved near the SE Jersey coast, with moderate snow now flashed over in the MA...

The observation et al don't strike me as a system charging straight out to the Flemmish Cap.

Couldn't have said it better myself. And how appropriate would it be for this thing to cleanly phase on the 25th and 130th anniversary of two of the greatest such occurrences in the annals.

• Like 2

Tweets from James:

Latest 00z NAM run has a 12"/3 hour band coming through at around 8am tomorrow morning, holy sit

Snow to liquid ratios are going to be better than what everyone thinks more like 12,15:1 towards midday tomorrow, starts as 10:1

850mb temps dynamically cool the atmosphere so that snow ratios improve throughout the storm tomorrow. Starts off between 10:1 and then ends as 15:1 potentially. NAM would bring 30-40" of snow to the Cape

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Nice map...good luck. This is backing in far enough (and slightly slower) to try and get those >2 foot totals....we shall see. I hope it stalls even another 3-5 hours from current guidance.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The NAM has some insane LLJ...especially at 925mb. An extensive jet streak of >80 knots with > 90 knots at 925. Stronger than the GFS...I wonder if this is a big reason for such high QPF amounts...especially back into a good chunk of CT. What meteorological reasons sort of determine how far from the center frontogenesis banding occurs? Even looking at H7 low track...w/o looking at fronto I would guess it is east of what NAM shows. 

NAM really captures everything with the NS ULL, look how much moisture gets tossed back into the dacks and the finger lakes.   Wouldn't expect that from an offshore track either.