• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So this guy Cranky has an awesome web site with tons of great links but God is he a model hugger. He has a lot of folks thinking he is extremely good at what he does.  He certainly is a proficient tweeter unfortunately those can't be erased. This isn't the first time either. Forky told me about him and his bad forecasts., honestly I don't get the attention he gets. To each his own but read his from Sunday 

IMG_20180312_204023.jpg

I've been following him all day. He couldn't be further off. He's going to crash and burn.

3 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

I've been following him all day. He couldn't be further off. He's going to crash and burn.

I've followed and unfollowed him twice. He's usually not too bad when it comes to the pre-event, but boy does he lose it once he sets his mind on something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CT Rain said:

Wiz - the red lines are omega and the purple/yellow lines are for -10 to -20c and -12c to -18c, respectively. As the temperature profile changes those lines will move up or down. We care about -12c to -18c... it doesn't matter what height those are above the ground (doesn't matter if it's 6,000 feet up to 18,000 feet up if it's moist and you have vertical motion). 

ahhh thanks!!! I've been reading this wrong the entire time...I would always match the yellow/purple lines with the height levels on the right hand side. So for the purple line when it says 0, 5, and 10 and 15 and 20 for yellow that's the temperatures (obviously negative though) 

32 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

So maybe I updated the western zones.  Still lack confidence back there, but hard to ignore modeling trends for robust qpf out there.

Snow.png

Well I see that you bent that green line so you could slip Nashua into the 10-15 zone while unceremoniously pushing me into the 5-10.  More changes are needed.

RPM coming in bonkers so far at 00z...it's been one of the more relatively tame models throughout this threat. It did have one run earlier today that brought 12-16 for most of E MA and RI but outside of that it's been a lot of 8-12 stuff. This run is changing that. 

RPM coming in bonkers so far at 00z...it's been one of the more relatively tame models throughout this threat. It did have one run earlier today that brought 12-16 for most of E MA and RI but outside of that it's been a lot of 8-12 stuff. This run is changing that. 

Pic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't post all 6 as it's too big, but ALL 6 of the RI + MA stations' maps pretty much give me Exactly 14" if you judge distance.  Which I've never seen that for a big storm haha.  

Also - Can we have SOME KIND of a Live Talk Chat on some app or some something so I can feel like I'm there?  The board is not enough :(  :cory:  

IMG_2324.PNG