• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

14 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Nice but im going more uniform there is a solid sig for mod to heavy snowfall well west of the qpf maps are showing. I think there is some variability in snowfall totals no doubt, but i do not think it will be a dead W to E gradient like this map or even my first map would suggest. 

Yeah I don't think it will be an exact gradient either, but it's hard to get pretty on a map when you have the uncertianty re banding that we do right now. This will definitely bust in some areas but I think I'd rather do that than go with a broadbrush total when I think there will be many areas of relative disappointment between the main bands (outside of eastern CT which is in line to get crushed). Tough call.

Concerned that these oblong low structures that are on the MESOs may in fact be attempts to correct bodily west ...ultimately, failing in lieu of convection helping to lower height seaward too much and that feedback on carving the residual S/stream wave too far out to see - there is certainly a tension in these runs that is tugging between something, and I suspect it is between the better deep layer forcing versus the models modulating the heights downstream. 

I am still not ready to sign on as this thing not phasing more and seeing that happen tonight more on this next cycle perhaps not really fully getting there until tomorrow during now cast at that... Failure to capture to the bitter end almost makes sense for this immensely complex ordeal.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looking at forecast soundings across CT for tomorrow I notice that many places don't see a fully saturated column...I can't see that as being a good thing. My guess is that could to a quite a bit of evaporative cooling. Virtually if you aren't under the snow band the snow growth and snow rates are going to suck big time. Looks like the snow growth zone also goes to hell as well like right after mid-morning as well. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Looking at forecast soundings across CT for tomorrow I notice that many places don't see a fully saturated column...I can't see that as being a good thing. My guess is that could to a quite a bit of evaporative cooling. Virtually if you aren't under the snow band the snow growth and snow rates are going to suck big time. Looks like the snow growth zone also goes to hell as well like right after mid-morning as well. 

This is always the concern being on the western fringe. Plus it’s going to be around freezing when we wet bulb down. Pavement will be wet. No reason to close schools with 3-6” of snow on grassy surfaces.