• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

The northern stream vort has essentially caught the southern stream one......feel like I need one of Tip's head spinning posts about what this means.

Does it not look like it's just pouring in the backside of the southern stream? Doesn't look like a kicker to me.

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

What a great storm for everyone in the whole New England forum.  12" for everyone till you get into the NYC metro.  Even the islands score.  Doesn't happen often for sure, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

Seems more promising with this Euro run but I'm holding back my chubby until I see a couple more models fall in line.  The Euro hasn't been the "take that to the bank" model as of lately.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

The northern stream vort has essentially caught the southern stream one......feel like I need one of Tip's head spinning posts about what this means.

Ha ha ... you know what's going on ...

My deal is I just like babbling about it.   

I will add.. the N/stream mechanics have been partially merging vorticity fields in the guidance' but then... somehow, ejecting it back out like it got a piece of rotten meat half way down it's gullet and decided it didn't like the taste and spit it back out toward NS...  

Yet another metapor, usually objects can't get back outside the "event horrizon" once they've crossed that far over that critical boundary/entered the gravity well so to speaking. 

Anyway, I would have thought a purer phase given the overall synoptic evolution... and I'm a little worried that the whole mess was/is just a little too complex even for the conceit of these modern technological marvels of weather modeling.  

So babble aside... you basically nailed it - the N/stream vorticiity is already engaging the southern stream (so it seems...) and that's precarious.  Subsequently, be unusual to share space and then suddenly "de" share space

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I mentioned 3' late last night....haven't seen anything to engender thoughts of straying for that.

There are going to plenty of arrows on tonight's map.

Maybe the most robust one I have ever made.

Any chance you could splash some of your robustness on me? lol

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, WintersComing said:

Seems more promising with this Euro run but I'm holding back my chubby until I see a couple more models fall in line.  The Euro hasn't been the "take that to the bank" model as of lately.

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Ha ha ... you know what's going on ...

My deal is I just like babbling about it.   

I will add.. the N/stream mechanics have been partially merging vorticity fields in the guidance' but then... somehow, ejecting it back out like it got a piece of rotten meat half way down it's gullet and decided it didn't like the taste and spit it back out toward NS...  

Yet another metapor, usually objects can't get back outside the "event horrizon" once they've crossed that far over that critical boundary/entered the gravity well so to speaking. 

Anyway, I would have thought a purer phase given the overall synoptic evolution... and I'm a little worried that the whole mess was/is just a little too complex even for the conceit of these modern technological marvels of weather modeling.  

So babble aside... you basically nailed it - the N/stream vorticiity is already engaging the southern stream (so it seems...) and that's a precarious.  Subsequently, be unusual to share space and then suddenly "de" share space

ironic on this date we discuss triple phasers

• Thanks 2