• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, BRSno said:

Think the airport should be all right for Wed morning?

I would assume the early slate of flights will all be canceled. I don't see anything coming in to BOS tomorrow, and they airlines are canceling anything coming in to BOS this evening (i.e. nothing in from Chicago after 5). So Wednesday the rwys might be clear with vfr, but there won't be any equipment until later in the morning at earliest.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ariof said:

I would assume the early slate of flights will all be canceled. I don't see anything coming in to BOS tomorrow, and they airlines are canceling anything coming in to BOS this evening (i.e. nothing in from Chicago after 5). So Wednesday the rwys might be clear with vfr, but there won't be any equipment until later in the morning at earliest.

I have to catch a connection to Beijing in Detroit at 1pm Wed. Hope I can catch a flight out or my aircraft at least comes in on Wed morning. 

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

After seeing the 12Z suite, feel solid about my map. The snowfall distribution may not end up west to east, but ill leave it how it is for now. 

What are the local stations going around here?

I don't see much reason to deviate from first call of 10-20" east.

I'm actually wondering (a little) about this doing an about face and coming all the way in and whacking New NJ to NYC too with ... 

Fact of the matter is, this run is a whopper correction toward more phasing, even if it only upped the QPF some and brought things more confidently to the I-95 corridor of eastern sections ... it is the 2nd trip in that regard for a trend that started last night and may yet end up on the 00z being the fuller phase this whole verkokte set up really should be heading for when based upon conventional wisdom..  

But "as is" aside... the trend in its self shows that even at 24 to 30 hours out this thing is not stable - so it's not impossible.  And should the N/stream really subsume, than all these models showing that 30+ hour escape east would be correcting pretty dramatically to a slower capture... 

• Like 5

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm actually wondering (a little) about this doing an about face and coming all the way in and whacking New NJ to NYC too with ... 

Fact of the matter is, this run is a whopper correction toward more phasing, even if it only upped the QPF some and brought things more confidently to the I-95 corridor of eastern sections ... it is the 2nd trip in that regard for a trend that started last night and may yet end up on the 00z being the fuller phase this whole verkokte set up really should be heading for when based upon conventional wisdom..  

But "as is" aside... the trend in its self shows that even at 24 to 30 hours out this thing is not stable - 

That, combined with water vapor imagery that sure as heck seems to show that northern s/w digging hard, yeah I won't be surprised with adjustments continuing, albeit in smaller form.