• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol the model runs will be there when you wake up.

That's become my take of late.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

In the dark-sitting or standing?

LOL--TMI.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I mentioned your name the other day that your snow maps use to give rise to many..................:lol:

I lived for those maps.  In fact, I think the last time I managed to jackpot was when you were making those!

5 minutes ago, OKpowdah said:

DST is EXTREMELY useful now! We need every minute of evening daylight we can get for chasing ;)

Prospects of epic banding over eastern New England brought me here to watch y'all get hyped up! What a stretch.

5 possible opportunities for deep deep BM area cyclones has produced 3 epic storms, historic really.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

5 possible opportunities for deep deep BM area cyclones has produced 3 epic storms, historic really.

Beginning with the early January bomb and going forward, the last 2 and half months have delivered a very impressive frequency of rapid deepening and deep cyclones inside 65W, and even more remarkably, south of 40N. I mean multiple sub-970 xtrop lows inside 40/65 in a couple months. Amazing.

9 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Actually, for real, its dead in here...post something

This is one of the few set ups where both you and I can get a fun storm and some healthy snowfall.  

Not too often you get a look like this on the EPS mean that's both favorable for SE Ma and the North Country up here! 

IMG_8812.thumb.PNG.ba1835d73f0723d42338215312d11f7d.PNG

• Thanks 1

Just trying to get caught up with models for this and not sure what has been discussed as far as CT is concerned but 18z bufkit soundings were not impressive at all across much of CT (although IJD looked solid) but SGZ didn't look all that appealing to me. Plus I think a large chunk of the state is going to be smoking subsidence. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This is one of the few set ups where both you and I can get a fun storm and some healthy snowfall.  

Not too often you get a look like this on the EPS mean that's both favorable for SE Ma and the North Country up here! 

IMG_8812.thumb.PNG.ba1835d73f0723d42338215312d11f7d.PNG

Oh, I like that, a lot!!!

28 minutes ago, OKpowdah said:

DST is EXTREMELY useful now! We need every minute of evening daylight we can get for chasing ;)

Prospects of epic banding over eastern New England brought me here to watch y'all get hyped up! What a stretch.

hopefully you guys will have something to chase...been pretty quiet nationwide for awhile regarding severe

16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Just trying to get caught up with models for this and not sure what has been discussed as far as CT is concerned but 18z bufkit soundings were not impressive at all across much of CT (although IJD looked solid) but SGZ didn't look all that appealing to me. Plus I think a large chunk of the state is going to be smoking subsidence. 

Yes, welcome to the party. Grab a brew, don't cost nothin'.

19 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Subsidize this :weenie: exhaust from ECT 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Yes, welcome to the party. Grab a brew, don't cost nothin'.

I've only really gotten to look at things over the past hour but I don't even know how you really portray a snowfall map right now :lol: I mean there are just so many uncertainties still and many of these uncertainties spew down to the mesoscale level in which good luck pinpointing now. Plus having the storm modeled as strong as it is and just how rapid the cyclogenesis happens is not really a good thing at all...we're going to see banded precip as opposed to a solid widespread precipitation shield.