• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

Fwiw -

the new model diagnostic update this hour:

"...19z update: The 12z ECMWF has trended flatter though a bit faster with the northern stream shortwave this leads to a bit greater phasing of the trod to the southern stream in timing but being flatter is much less amplified. This is equally supported by the 12z UKMET which are slower and then shift further east with the southern stream system tugging the surface wave east of the GFS/NAM track. The 12z CMC on the other hand trended a bit faster and like the GFS/NAM there is stronger negative tilt as such will favor a GFS/NAM and CMC blend. These run to run variability especially in the small scale will keep confidence slightly below average...."

That's basically an omission that they don't what to do with this Euro input ...   Also, I the UKMet does not appear to me to be that way for the same reason, but more so the two end up in a position that is similar ...if perhaps per slightly variant causes... 

• Thanks 1

Just now, weathafella said:

Cal it 6-12+.  Even euro supports that for eastern areas.

Yeah, you guys cant miss. Its we out west who are hanging by a thread as you know.  As Scott said, they probably hadnt viewed the Euro before issuing those WSWs.. Im thinking theyre either vomiting in their mouth a little bit now, or decided the run was to be skipped over. Wish I knew which.

Alright ...now... with the 18z NAM off and running... let's make some bets for bragging rights:

who thinks it will,

1 ... be the same as 12z essentially...

2 ... elevate the status to even more terrifying cryospheric dystopia

3 ... completely curve ball some as yet rendition...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SR Airglow said:

18z NAM starts running @ 3:45. 

Model times for DST;

NAM 3/9:45

RGEM 4/10:45

GFS 5/11:25

GGEM 12:00

UKIE 12:45

Euro 1:45

Thanks! Unlike most of the people here I'm only a junior in high school so my time dealing with weather has been fairly brief.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Alright ...now... with the 18z NAM off and running... let's make some bets for bragging rights:

who thinks it will,

1 ... be the same as 12z essentially...

2 ... elevate the status to even more terrifying cryospheric dystopia

3 ... completely curve ball some as yet rendition...

Well, you can’t put that out there without your own choice!