• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Ahhh yes that happens sometimes.  I hate to miss biggies though.  Need a back up plan for this one I think.  I once sacrificed 5K for a storm...Jan 96 in Philly.  Worth every penny.

Backup plan is easy.   Logan shut down 

Not to toot my own horn, but that's exactly what I'm going to do. Also, as a reminder not to be surprised if we don't see our northern stream come in even stronger still.

nice job @Typhoon Tip for being all over this one. the rest of us are along for the ride.

On 3/10/2018 at 8:41 AM, JC-CT said:

As much as this appears on life support, there is still a critical piece here that is up in no man's land.

20180310_083855.png

20180310_084042.png

On 3/10/2018 at 10:51 AM, JC-CT said:

Easy to say now that there are two pieces of 12z guidance that are confirming my thoughts, but these canadian no man's land shortwaves tend to be undermodeled in strength by the satellites and often will trend stronger almost up until go-time.

• Like 1

Last weeks storm all had good fronto bands over my head and east, they wound up west by 30 miles, the one prior clipped the Catskills, if I'm not mistaken, that was also a bit east of modeling, based on jackpot snow, perhaps the goods this one will be more east with the deform near the river area... certainly seems like it looking at 700/850 fgen....any chance of p-type issues for SE areas now as the west trend continues?