• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

For those of you who will be painstakingly hitting refresh as the next models roll in, in my opinion, the key to why the 12z NAM was stronger and the precipitation distribution is a bit further west vs 6z is shown right here at 00z Tuesday.   Look at the difference in how far south the Northern Vort digs between the 6z run and the 12z run.  6z makes it to Pittsburgh while 12z nearly makes it to Roanoke. 

6z.png

12z.png

9 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

upton just released their new snow map. pretty bullish

stormtotalsnowfcst2.png

wait a second... is that an accident?

Like, they were in the process of setting it up and pre-published it by clicking something prematurely - haha

Not sure I'm seeing that ... But, tell you what:  the EPS mean trending west ... if it did so again one more interval with so many members, that does up the question that perhaps all operational models have been underperforming along that key factor ... even so, I that may be too much

For those of you who will be painstakingly hitting refresh as the next models roll in, in my opinion, the key to why the 12z NAM was stronger and a bit further west vs 6z is shown right here at 00z Tuesday.   Look at the difference in how far south the Northern Vort digs between the 6z run and the 12z run.  6z makes it to Pittsburgh while 12z nearly makes it to Roanoke. 
6z.thumb.png.c59a711253e7daf67a7b292c9abcc9c0.png
12z.thumb.png.90575dc8445196d65364ce88d85b3dae.png

Pretty sure 12z was actually further east than 06??

1 minute ago, WthrJunkyME said:

Happy to see a bunch do well.  We’ll just sit back quietly and bust over our 100” total on this one.  

I had not been up there for measurements along the way--but until the couple weeks leading to last week's storm, things did look pretty good up there.

My effort to get the family excited to drive to Pit2 tomorrow night for a snowstorm went over like a lead balloon.  I hope I can finagle at least a solo trip.

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I will take the opportunity...I leave on the morning BA flight from Logan to Heathrow.  It leaves Wed 730am which should beig je fine, but it has to arrive on Tuesday eve.  Do those big jets tend to land in storms?  Muchas Gracias

If Logan has issues, I wold expect incoming delays and issues into Wed.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I had not been up there for measurements along the way--but until the couple weeks leading to last week's storm, things did look pretty good up there.

My effort to get the family excited to drive to Pit2 tomorrow night for a snowstorm went over like a lead balloon.  I hope I can finagle at least a solo trip.

Probably not a lot of opportunities left to do so.  Therefore, you must.

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

yeah thats a problem...its the start of a 10 day around the world trip and I work all day Thursday in London.  Was hoping the int'l flights would get priority to land.

Isn't it great racking up the frequent flyer miles for free trips you have no desire to go on because you just want to be home when the work trips are done?