• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13th ... west Atlantic bombogenesis type low clipping SE New England, more certain ...may be expanding inland

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro in its famous small steps westward each run. This will continue here on out with a big event back to Berks 

If EPS continue to be well west, we can get cautiously excited. Also, Euro has been southeast with almost all nor'easters this season and has trended NW with time. 

It's almost as if the northern stream started to dominate this run and pull the baroclinic zone back a bit. Def a good sign. I know Tip was discussing how the northern stream is the biggest driver here and this run really took it to another level. That's def what we want for a closer track. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's almost as if the northern stream started to dominate this run and pull the baroclinic zone back a bit. Def a good sign. I know Tip was discussing how the northern stream is the biggest driver here and this run really took it to another level. That's def what we want for a closer track. 

There's a nice kink..a vort that extends from it, almost like a hand grabbing it in..lol.

not intending to toot horns here but, the hunch of an incoming Euro correction was just recognizing it was written on the wall... but, I don't believe this is done, either. 

We may actually get an over compensating run yet before settling into a compromise that I believe may be near or slightly E of the BM.  The interaction of the N/stream and giant cold lobe descending smartly and partially into the backside will aid in extending the verifiable QPF NW.

Also, ... the N/stream interaction is giant and dynamical.  It's going to persist (most likely) a lagged amount of instability and frankly that set up strikes me as a Norlun look...  Some may assert that's room for farther west corrections ... but, I get the feeling we're nearing a threshold where if this can only jog so far west before a pure subsume would have to transpire, and I still wonder if the streams are moving to fast to allow that to happen.  It almost seems a near miss/partial phase with potent impact is more likely.

Taking inventory (which is changing...) looks like a warning event up to PVD-BOS with advisory from HFD-EEN ... again not etched in position by any means.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There's a nice kink..a vort that extends from it, almost like a hand grabbing it in..lol.

Laugh ... but that's the "partial" .. .and probably at the physical threshold where any more and it plunks in and N/stream collapses toward LI -

I know you know this but ...people need to appreciate how close that is.

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Laugh ... but that's the "partial" .. .and probably at the physical threshold where any more and it plunks in and N/stream collapses toward LI -

I know you know this but ...people need to appreciate how close that is.

Oh I know,and agree with your thoughts.  I like srn stream energized lows with the nrn stream capturing type events. This is very close and 30-50 miles west (which is doable esp) would gave an immense impact given the frail grid and coast issues.