Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12th - 13th Scraper

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

I get that and I think most here would agree; even here in E NJ where totals were very modest the impacts of the heavy wet snow were severe. That said a number of us in these parts have not had a big storm this year ( over 8-9 ), and many wouldn't mind seeing one. Still, no one is going to cry if that doesn't happen. And it doesn't seem to look like it will happen ATM for us. You're not in the minority for wanting better weather for your area. Being without power sucks. Especially if you have sump pumps....good luck up there.

Thanks - it's back here; I just don't want to lose it again. Still many out in the neighborhood.

4 minutes ago, weatherfreeeeak said:

Can someone explain why all models are showing this? The track has become much more favorable 

I can’t really explain that but that should correct in the next few runs... H5 looked pretty good, more phasing but the surface needs to come around. Kinda like the pressure drops in a hurricane... the winds always lag behind. 

16 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Im still pretty green at this and those RGEM maps are dam tough to read but to me it appears that the 965 is inside the BM but I could be mistaken ?

Looks like just a bit outside the BM on another site on that run. I'm more focused on 500mb, and that run was pretty sick.

bLfjp2V.png

Just now, weathermedic said:

Blizzard watches probably go up later today for Boston and eastern New England. Precip shield underdone on west side of storm. Bernie Rayno agrees lol.

there is no such thing as a blizzard watch anymore. winter storm watches are the only heads up now. the blizzard warning would be issued once confidence is high.

3 minutes ago, BlueDXer75 said:

Can somebody explain why the western precip shield is very stingy on west side of storm on almost all short and long term models.  Does it have to do with the upper low over that Great Lakes? Sorry if it’s already been explained 

Because the precip shield on the models has proven to be inaccurate especially as you go further out in time

• Rjay locked this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived