joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12th - 13th Scraper

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sophisticated Skeptic said:
okx and phl should just go along with trending, we know this isn’t going to be sent out to sea at this point, too much ridging and no strong high pressure to send it out.
just pull the trigger on the winter storm watches (or blizzard watches) now, instead of waiting for the last second. The trends will continue westward.

Hopefully not too much Westward otherwise that could be a concern for New York City and Long Island just like last March 14th

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Sophisticated Skeptic said:

okx and phl should just go along with trending, we know this isn’t going to be sent out to sea at this point, too much ridging and no strong high pressure to send it out.

just pull the trigger on the winter storm watches (or blizzard watches) now, instead of waiting for the last second. The trends will continue westward.

There are no models that show a warning level snow outside of the high resolution NAM if I'm not mistaken so that would be irresponsible.  Good trends overall but I think we're running out of time with the major models still not onboard, looks like a SNE to Eastern L.I. special IMO.

1 minute ago, sferic said:

Hopefully not too much Westward otherwise that could be a concern for New York City and Long Island just like last March 14th

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Unlikely, most models and ensembles are still rather far east and we're too close in to see radical adjustments. 

If we go with seasonal trends, then models will gradually tick further west but that's only if they have a handle on that northern stream phasing in.

There's still a chance that phase won't happen or that it happens too late and it'll end up being a close miss. 

6 minutes ago, sferic said:

Upton 1-3 inches on coast for Monday Might

Yup and 1-2 inches for Tuesday... I’d say that is a good start considering they can go either way depending on what happens tonight and tomorrow. They also mention the fact of a low confidence in 6+ east of the Hudson River. 

11 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

There are no models that show a warning level snow outside of the high resolution NAM so that would be irresponsible.  Good trends overall but I think we're running out of time with the major models still not onboard, looks like a SNE to Eastern L.I. special IMO.

We still have one more day left of model watching. Even though I feel like this is a scraper

40 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

There are no models that show a warning level snow outside of the high resolution NAM if I'm not mistaken so that would be irresponsible.  Good trends overall but I think we're running out of time with the major models still not onboard, looks like a SNE to Eastern L.I. special IMO.

36 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Unlikely, most models and ensembles are still rather far east and we're too close in to see radical adjustments. 

If we go with seasonal trends, then models will gradually tick further west but that's only if they have a handle on that northern stream phasing in.

There's still a chance that phase won't happen or that it happens too late and it'll end up being a close miss. 

I highly doubt this is a scraper. There were significant jumps leading up the final hour of the last one. We still have over 48 hours. 

• Rjay locked this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived