Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 12th - 13th Scraper

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think I have ever seen a secondary cluster (such as the one north of Bermuda) so far away from the mean and skewing like it is, in this time frame. I mean hey, they could end up being more right than the western cluster. However, if they are dead wrong, I wonder how much further west the mean would be if they were omitted.

This is in reference to hr 66

17 minutes ago, Eduardo said:

Digging the look on the EPS.  Looks like there are a few Portugal-bound members dragging the mean eastward too, right?  Precip map for kicks?

23 out of the 51 EPS members bring warning level snows to at least a portion of Suffolk County.

29 minutes ago, mranger48 said:

I don’t think I have ever seen a secondary cluster (such as the one north of Bermuda) so far away from the mean and skewing like it is, in this time frame. I mean hey, they could end up being more right than the western cluster. However, if they are dead wrong, I wonder how much further west the mean would be if they were omitted.

This is in reference to hr 66

Why dont they do some sort of statistical analysis and remove the most extreme members (on either side of the cluster) and just do an ensemble mean of the members clustered in the middle?  Like remove the two most extreme members on either side of the mean.

4 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I'm not so sure yet, there's been a seasonal trend to adjust these storms further N&W as we get close. 

I think the city is looking good at this juncture.

Agreed. I don't think this is done trending west, and I wouldn't be surprised if R/S line becomes a bigger worry. 

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

Agreed. I don't think this is done trending west, and I wouldn't be surprised if R/S line becomes a bigger worry. 

Not so sure about the R/S line... this will be a colder storm then the last and will be much stronger. But we will see. I’d like to see the coast cash in as well..

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

Snow sticking in the city in March? Not possible

No one said it can't stick, but it does take good rates and cold temps. Didn't have the rates for big numbers the other day according to JM. had the band set up over the city it might have had those double digits, though we probably would have been too far west by a hair then out our way. Perhaps this will be the one. 

2 minutes ago, sferic said:

It did big time with the April 1982 blizzard Persistence overcomes resistance as far as snow rates and accumulation is concerned

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A wonderful and cold storm, back in the day when 8-10 inches was considered a real big storm! it was surreal.

• Rjay locked this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived