Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 12th - 13th Scraper

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Rjay pinned this topic
1 minute ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

What's the deal with the sudden jump west on the GFS hours 78-84? 

the northern stream vort is phasing into the negative tilt trof, causing primary cyclogenesis to occur farther west. the low doesn't actually jump W, the primary just develops there.

1 minute ago, purduewx80 said:

the northern stream vort is phasing into the negative tilt trof, causing primary cyclogenesis to occur farther west. the low doesn't actually jump W, the primary just develops there.

What’s your thoughts on the storm?

Just now, USCG RS said:

... 8dfefa7627886d763661c24152a0d480.jpg

basically that trailing junk along the gulf coast is what's prevent things from being a monster. keep that consolidated and dig the northern stream in more, and game on. trends are certainly eye-opening, but we're a ways off from knowing for sure. the northern stream energy is just coming into Alaska now, so perhaps we'll see some further trends in guidance tonight and saturday.

basically that trailing junk along the gulf coast is what's prevent things from being a monster. keep that consolidated and dig the northern stream in more, and game on. trends are certainly eye-opening, but we're a ways off from knowing for sure. the northern stream energy is just coming into Alaska now, so perhaps we'll see some further trends in guidance tonight and saturday.

Nice explanation... I think it's also about the timing and allowing the confluence to depart from our last storm. It all comes down to timing, but... We still have some blocking so I suspect the phase becomes cleaner in future runs

Edit: I should never type and post without reading it over. This keyboard hates me ha

3 minutes ago, sferic said:

Why Are TV Mets downplaying this except to say "has to be watched"?

Also, if this threat comes to fruition can we say "white rain" won't be the dominant precip type for NYC/LI?

Because it’s still early. There are no specifics. They aren’t downplaying. There’s no certainty. 

• Rjay locked this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived