Newest Member
    joxey
March 11-12 Storm - Model Discussion STORM MODE

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 87storms said:

bmore may have just made the pivot lol.  the models hinted at a partial phase so i'm not surprised that's kinda what's going on right now as the coastal takes over.  livin' on the edge in dc though.

Wonder if that can be somewhat related to this

7 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Wonder if that can be somewhat related to this

lol probably the low wobbling around for now until consolidates, though what's funny is jan 00 busted somewhat similarly in that the NS energy kinda acted as a scoop and lifted the coastal low due north instead ots like the models thought 24 hrs prior.  obviously that's probably not going to happen, but i could see where this could bust favorably for the northeast.

4 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

I knew someone would get some decent snows out of this band

Curios what BWI got..

I didn't think I'd see any accumulating snow at all, so this is really nice to see. Grass is completely covered, pavement is wet. It was coming down hard around 9PM. 

47 minutes ago, 87storms said:

No offense - but why do you keep posting stuff for Boston?  Think perhaps you're in the wrong sub-forum.  Not sure how many times that ideal has been conveyed here.  We all know the NE gets a lot of snow and know where to go if we want to partake in their good fortune.  Really getting old seeing it rubbed in here.  Show some restraint if not compassion for those of us MA dwellers...

Nice. Just saw your picture with ava marie. We got somewhere between a half inch to an inch. I didn't bother to measure.

Ha, thanks! She loves to share my pics so I just keep sending. :)

Was very surprised to wake up and see that much. I’ll take it as a consolation prize given how much of a disappointment this system was.

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

really? there isn't even a full dusting here at the office. 

We’ve been through this before... I actually took a pic of my measurement last night with a little note that says Fozz and the date, because nobody else was reporting anywhere near an inch when my backyard had 0.9”, so I figured someone might be skeptical.

I then realized that I don’t feel comfortable having the highest total and I was glad that there were a few higher reports this morning.

This ranks pretty high on the list of fails for the mid atlantic. Tracking the block and the march pattern change for weeks and weeks. Then we had this potential, which looked amazing at one point.

Then we watch as everywhere but here does pretty good with this.

It was icy this morning, temps would have worked. What a shame.

5 minutes ago, Fozz said:

We’ve been through this before... I actually took a pic of my measurement last night with a little note that says Fozz and the date, because nobody else was reporting anywhere near an inch when my backyard had 0.9”, so I figured someone might be skeptical.

I then realized that I don’t feel comfortable having the highest total and I was glad that there were a few higher reports this morning.

no need to get defensive, fozz. i was legit surprised to hear you had that much given how little there is on the other side of 83, and belfast this morning as i was driving to work. 

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

no need to get defensive, fozz. i was legit surprised to hear you had that much given how little there is on the other side of 83, and belfast this morning as i was driving to work. 

I was surprised too... especially last night. I came home around 9PM and it was coming down at a decent rate and not sticking anywhere, but once I arrived home, I saw a coating on the ground. And then it kept snowing at a good rate, and by the time I was ready for bed, it was almost an inch. 

As far as Belfast, looks like the elevation there is around 350' near 83. That might explain why they didn't get much.

13 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I was surprised too... especially last night. I came home around 9PM and it was coming down at a decent rate and not sticking anywhere, but once I arrived home, I saw a coating on the ground. And then it kept snowing at a good rate, and by the time I was ready for bed, it was almost an inch. 

As far as Belfast, looks like the elevation there is around 350' near 83. That might explain why they didn't get much.

whats your elevation again? 

Archived