Newest Member
    Dano62
March 11-12 Storm - Model Discussion STORM MODE

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Not really. That precip near us is really lite. Look where the low is. I doubt we get a big snow from a low track 200 miles off the outer banks. 

Agreed. Not a good look but at this point we have too many models to look at...what the hell is an Hrdps...might as well have the herpes model 

So at this point...can a general conclusion be made? (And is a conclusion safe at this point?) Or will 0z kinda be the deciding factor? (I'd imagine you could only call it that if it wasn't too far off 18z. But if it were to show a hit...yeah, we'd be happy, but it would just be more chaos (unless the other models would lock onto such a scenario)

8 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So at this point...can a general conclusion be made? (And is a conclusion safe at this point?) Or will 0z kinda be the deciding factor? (I'd imagine you could only call it that if it wasn't too far off 18z. But if it were to show a hit...yeah, we'd be happy, but it would just be more chaos (unless the other models would lock onto such a scenario)

Unfortunately I think the writing has been on the wall for the last few days. I would love to be wrong and gladly eat my words..lol

but all models have zeroed in on central va. Occasionally they give us a glimmer of hope but that's about it.

12 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I think we need to wait until 0z tho we’re getting into nam range so you’d want that to trend better as well.

2 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Unfortunately I think the writing has been on the wall for the last few days. I would love to be wrong and gladly eat my words..lol

but all models have zeroed in on central va. Occasionally they give us a glimmer of hope but that's about it.

IMO we still have at least 1 or 2 run cycles before determining main details such as track. Onset isn't till near 12z Monday (if at all), so we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

IMO we still have at least 1 or 2 run cycles before determining main details such as track. Onset isn't till near 12z Monday (if at all), so we'll see.

Trust me i would love to pull a hail Mary. 

Ive seen this look over the years too many times and know it usually results in snow south of us and northeast of us. Once the moisture bomb coming at us from the west disappeared I knew we were in trouble. It is what it is .I would love to be wrong and eat my words..lol

36 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Trust me i would love to pull a hail Mary. 

Ive seen this look over the years too many times and know it usually results in snow south of us and northeast of us. Once the moisture bomb coming at us from the west disappeared I knew we were in trouble. It is what it is .I would love to be wrong and eat my words..lol

Only thing different with this storm is it hasnt happened yet.  I dont disagree with you but, guidance has been constantly shifting leading to no real conclusion.  Chances diminish greatly once west of 95 but 00z should either be the nail or the carrot for us. lol  Each having equal chances imo...which is unique  in itself.  

Just now, poolz1 said:

Only thing different with this storm is it hasnt happened yet.  I dont disagree with you but, guidance has been constantly shifting leading to no real conclusion.  Chances diminish greatly once west of 95 but 00z should either be the nail or the carrot for us. lol  Each having equal chances imo...which is unique  in itself.  

If anything, this storm will be interesting to nowcast. Having a feeling at least one of us in this forum will be reporting parachutes falling from the sky, while one (or many) is experiencing cloudy skies

32 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

If anything, this storm will be interesting to nowcast. Having a feeling at least one of us in this forum will be reporting parachutes falling from the sky, while one (or many) is experiencing cloudy skies

It is having that look....I bet I can guess who will be reporting cloudy skies....

Archived