SnowHabit
March 11-12 Storm - Model Discussion STORM MODE

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ji said:

Im with psu..this will trend enough to give us a big tease
Maybe even a hit aka dec 2010. And then at last minute...an east trend to screw us

One more big tease and pull back will be enough to send 80% of this subforum walking off the plank and beyond the reach of Prozac. 

Just now, AmericanWxFreak said:

Euro ens mean is 1-2" over the area... and as we all expected, it's crushes SNE

I mean, it is quite the increase from 0z. Doubled the snow mean for DCA from ~1" - 2-2.5". On the 0z, 6 members gave DC 6" or more (10:1 ratio). On the 12z EPS, it's 7 members (lol increase), but the bigger members are bigger, and more members get a couple inches of snow into DC. Slow and steady I guess

1 minute ago, Cobalt said:

I mean, it is quite the increase from 0z. Doubled the snow mean for DCA from ~1" - 2-2.5". On the 0z, 6 members gave DC 6" or more (10:1 ratio). On the 12z EPS, it's 7 members (lol increase), but the bigger members are bigger, and more members get a couple inches of snow into DC. Slow and steady I guess

Trends, trends. Good thing we still have time for any last minute westward shifts. It is gonna be game on at happy hour.

4 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

One more big tease and pull back will be enough to send 80% of this subforum walking off the plank and beyond the reach of Prozac. 

Nah. No reason to. The season will be over and everyone will enjoy spring and summer. They will come back next year refreshed. and what a year it is going to be. 

8 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

baby steps.  I wonder if Happy hour will start to show some consensus or if we will still be playing model ping pong today.

You might do ok closer to EZF.  Unless the RIC hit is off the table.  Couple inches would be fine.  I am not expecting miracles this close to game time.  18z yesterday was a hot disaster so that is fresh on my mind. 

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

You might do ok closer to EZF.  Unless the RIC hit is off the table.  Couple inches would be fine.  I am not expecting miracles this close to game time.  18z yesterday was a hot disaster so that is fresh on my mind. 

still 2+ days away and we don't need a miracle. look at the EPS. This baby is going to hit the benchmark on the 12z Monday Suite and we are all going to get snowed the !@#$ under.

Evidence of wave formation (in atmosphere) at this east-central GOMEX buoy

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42003

note air temp below 70, falling mid-day, north wind, SST is near 80 F

weak circulation also appears on Key West radar at around 25N 82-83 W

could this be the real storm forming, and pulling in all the other scattered energy over south-central US tomorrow?

25 minutes ago, Ji said:

Im with psu..this will trend enough to give us a big tease
Maybe even a hit aka dec 2010. And then at last minute...an east trend to screw us

That's my gut unfortunately. Another tease and solid band south and east of us then a jack for New England. But maybe this one is different. We will know tonight. Now that guidance has the look down if this is going to continue to trend northwest it will do so tonight. 

1 minute ago, SnowGolfBro said:

still 2+ days away and we don't need a miracle. look at the EPS. This baby is going to hit the benchmark on the 12z Monday Suite and we are all going to get snowed the !@#$ under.

We always need a miracle.  If not we’d be under a WSW right now.  I’m cautiously enthused.  

Here's a summary of the tracks of the coastal from the 12z runs.  It flips between the op runs (GFS + GGEM + UKMET + NAM + RGEM), NAEFS (GEPS + GEFS), and REPS.  Op GFS is east of the GEFS control, which suggests that the drop in resolution could be contributing to the GEFS more western tracks.

eiih1rP.gif

1 minute ago, cae said:

Here's a summary of the tracks of the coastal from the 12z runs.  It flips between the op runs (GFS + GGEM + UKMET + NAM + RGEM), NAEFS (GEPS + GEFS), and REPS.

eiih1rP.gif

Good consensus for tracks that are way east of us...thanks for posting

Archived