Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 12-13 possible coastal event

The Iceman

20 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Welp...the 12Z NAM just hung a juicy curveball over the middle of the plate. We fouled just outside the right foul pole.

You must bat left handed, lol. The way this has been going look out for the low and away fastball next. But it could be a good sign, my interest in the rest of the12z runs just moved back up a notch.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Still no power here so I'm not caught up on overnight runs... But 12z nam looked really really good. Wouldn't take much for it to be a Secs. 

Wow still no power? That is awful and I feel for you. I thought 48 hours without was hard. Anyway, looks like the GFS is back to a 3"+ event for the region.

5 hours ago, Violentweatherfan said:

I get it now, the boxing day storm was lost then found and the rest is history.

History is repeating itself, as far as losing the storm and finding it again.

Pretty sure he's referring to the sharp western cutoff. Totals dropped off dramatically once you got W of the Delaware River/I-476m and Northern DE saw very little. 

Looks like another coastal beating for the jersey shore. I spend alot of time in South Jersey from Stone Harbor to Cape May specifically and do alot of scouting for surf fishing spots. I can tell you North Wildwood beaches are in disarray especially near Hereford Inlet and they cant really afford another storm right now. All beach replenishment projects have been demolished, barriers and sand walls are gone, there are 8-12' cliffs in spots to get onto the beach, you get the idea. Luckily this will be a quick mover but the new moon tides tends to be higher than the full moon as it approaches. Probably will be a grazer as opposed to a direct hit too if that is any consolation. Biggest impacts will be shore areas back thru the NJ Turnpike Monday-Tuesday morning. Periods of mixed rain and/or wet snow could extend back into parts of E PA tho I suspect any accumulations, if any, would be along the c-2" variety. We should keep an eye to see if there are any concensus shifts either way on the models but looks like this one is locked in for now.

Archived