March 11-12 Potential Storm

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

If not for that....welll you know.

Like I said..the thing we need is also the thing that's killing us the most

Agreed.  It does appear that the NS is closer at 57.  I'm taking that as a + since its all about trends, and this was better.  with a little more luck and a faster scoot south, this would help upstream.    

There are ways the nam is useful at range. One example. Look at the low location on the 84 hour nam. Then look at the precip. Gets the developing shield into D.C. even with a track well southeast if some gfs misses. I fully suspect the gfs is doing its normal BS there. Nam even with a much weaker system has a much more expansive precip distribution. 

25 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

King must have been exiled then because he sure hasn't ruled the roost this year. 

Yeah i was just thinking the same thing.  Some people must not follow models much.

GFS is about to take the title......its been too consistent to crap the bed....and if it does, I'll take my crow served blackened....

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Hold on now...yes, I had a rocky start, but look how far we've come together.

you can start a new thread whenever you want, but i am requesting at least storm modeish moderation. its gotten a little annoying in here the last 24 hours. 

JB:

"Perhaps this is the time models work, but most storms in the ne corridor that are going to hit in 3-4 days are forecasted south of the area at that time, If forecasted, many times will warm up and rain"

"Canadian ensembles already back to where Euro was originally on this storm a few days ago. Interesting since its an ensemble and since it supports our ideas NAEFS should be fun Bottom line dont write it off"

DX2tzsZW0AA6172.jpgDX2t0vBXkAIuyuy.jpgDX2t1odW0AAGKfl.jpg

iCON at 60 looks like it’s primed to go boom

Pretty apparent the 12z suite is converging on gfs-like solution. Nam made a huge step at mid levels but sfc is wonky and throwing things off. Rgem and icon look a lot more like gfs. I know it’s a weenie-ism but it sure seems like getting the pac nw wave onshore helped. Main difference is that it is more neutral/neg tilt as it dives and that can be seen in the vort maps very early on.

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

Looks WAY better than its last run.   This model is very jumpy though.  I was following it when it first came out on TT and it was all over the place.  

Totally agree...like having any models at this point coming in line

3 minutes ago, GEOS5ftw said:

Pretty apparent the 12z suite is converging on gfs-like solution. Nam made a huge step at mid levels but sfc is wonky and throwing things off. Rgem and icon look a lot more like gfs. I know it’s a weenie-ism but it sure seems like getting the pac nw wave onshore helped. Main difference is that it is more neutral/neg tilt as it dives and that can be seen in the vort maps very early on.

don't speak so definitively. GFS could go back to a more southern solution. 

Archived