Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11-12 Potential Storm

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Those were 18z. Curious to see if 0z ups the ante a little. 

We both already know it will but it won't make me feel even a micrometer more confident about anything. We're practically in a short range model war with the spread being anywhere between solid and cirrus 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

We both already know it will but it won't make me feel even a micrometer more confident about anything. We're practically in a short range model war with the spread being anywhere between solid and cirrus 

So you’re saying we need to la la lock it up?  ;)

I would like to see the thickness come down, 537 dm without strong dynamics is very marginal for snow at low elevations. Up on hills, sure, 3-5" (from what I've seen of CMC and GFS).

At least it comes through at night, that's good for marginal. But get a bit more cold air into the mix and this could explode to 10-15"

(I have been in the northern stream packet of this today here, 2" snow to noon then .02" rain pm, and that's at 1500' asl ,, 00z analysis shows my location in the same position as the 72h prog chart for DCA for thickness and upper level flow WSW)

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Those were 18z. Curious to see if 0z ups the ante a little. 

The op GFS should be deadly at this range.  If the Euro holds with a whiff then one of them needs a software update.  We are 72 hours out.   

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

The op GFS should be deadly at this range.  If the Euro holds with a whiff then one of them needs a software update.  We are 72 hours out.   

the GFS has been so good this year, it seems like the EURO used to be as good as the GFS is this year. thats how it got to be Dr. NO

7 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Due to their group think they won't add confidence the gfs is right. But if they are bad they do indicate the gfs op was a fluke. So it's a case of them being good simply because they don't argue against it. Not that they lend additional confidence other than that. 

1 minute ago, Ji said:

What i liked about tonights run is a huge key lol and its only 18 hours out lol. The Northern stream is actually ahead of southern stream almost guaranteeing a phase
7a6ca847d220e2be4674a449dd3a8e73.jpg

Thought you were going to sleep...might as well wait for the Euro...since you are up

15 minutes ago, Tenman Johnson said:

I've liked the not suppressed all along.  March Magic happens at night and I think this will

I'm not sure there has ever been a suppressed snowstorm in March before. 

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Thought you were going to sleep...might as well wait for the Euro...since you are up

I am still up too, but going to turn in. It still gives me 1.5 hrs more sleep. Which I really need. Not worth the EURO to stay up the way it has been playing!!

Gefs low positions are a slight improvement over 18z. There are a handful like the op. One even inside the runs up the Delmarva. The rest are a bit outside the track. The mean is a bit east of the op but north of the 18z especially initially into KY and NC. Later they end up about the same off MD. 

Gefs looks good. Bump up from 18z. The key change is it has more lows running the coast and getting NJ northward now so few if any sliders, many good hits, and lots of good tracks. If the gfs/gefs is right then it's a pretty major score. 
Any 12-24 hecs?

2 minutes ago, ATreglown said:

I am still up too, but going to turn in. It still gives me 1.5 hrs more sleep. Which I really need. Not worth the EURO to stay up the way it has been playing!!

Don’t blame you.  I am in SFO waiting to board the red eye to IAD.  

3 minutes ago, Ji said:
4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:
Gefs looks good. Bump up from 18z. The key change is it has more lows running the coast and getting NJ northward now so few if any sliders, many good hits, and lots of good tracks. If the gfs/gefs is right then it's a pretty major score. 

Any 12-24 hecs?

Here's the qpf panels. No maulings but the crap camp shrunk significantly. Better than 18z because there is less divergence. 

kAJLGed.jpg

Archived