Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 11-12 Potential Storm

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Man, i truly feel for you guys. I dont EVER remember a winter where there were so many chances and so many epic looking patterns for a single region only to have the rug pulled out over and over and over and over. I wouldnt stick a fork in it yet but sheesh, whatever could go wrong this winter truly has. I empathize with every single one of you :-(

I am sure everyone here appreciates your condolences. 

Just now, ers-wxman1 said:

Cool. Somebody teach me how to use the esnembles” Never received training in them. They perform as bad as they are spelled.

Aren't we at the point when ensembles should be weighted less too?

Let's face it. The Euro has showed no snow for the DC area 6 runs consecutively now. It may just be one model, but most other ensemble suites and JV models (except the ICON) show a miss to the south. The writing is on the wall with this one most likely. I hope I'll be eating my words in 48 hours

16 minutes ago, ers-wxman1 said:

12z Euro looks to be the worst run yet through 72 hours. Western ridge is further east, trough looks sheared, positive tilt and south. 50/50 holding in strong. Suppressed and Weaker system. 

Love your analysis and it's always spot on just wish it was positive more often lol 

Troops,

Even though large tracts of the Mid Atlantic and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Snow Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in DC, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our region, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this region or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Snow Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the Weenie Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue us from snow starvation and the liberation of the old.

Do not give up.  Soldier on until the first flake falls.  Or doesn't.  

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Troops,

Even though large tracts of the Mid Atlantic and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Snow Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in DC, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our region, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this region or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Snow Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the Weenie Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue us from snow starvation and the liberation of the old.

Do not give up.  Soldier on until the first flake falls.  Or doesn't.  

I'm with ya Beethoven! Besides, what have we got to lose at this point? Lol

22 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Aren't we at the point when ensembles should be weighted less too?

Let's face it. The Euro has showed no snow for the DC area 6 runs consecutively now. It may just be one model, but most other ensemble suites and JV models (except the ICON) show a miss to the south. The writing is on the wall with this one most likely. I hope I'll be eating my words in 48 hours

Yeah, it's not looking good, but we're still 3+ days out.  Regarding ensembles, the GFS / GGEM start outperforming their ensembles at about 48-72 hours out.  The GFS closer to 48 and GGEM closer to 72.  I generally stop paying much attention to the global ensembles once the RGEM ensemble comes into range.

18 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

How the hell can the supposed best two weather models in the world be so far apart at such a short lead time from an event? I mean they are almost identical at 500 at 48 hours. And they just completely diverge from there. 

There is a large gap in skill between the Euro and GFS.  I know sometimes it seems like they're competing for the crown, but it's not really close.  By most measures, the Euro and the UKMET are the best two models in the world, and even there the competition isn't really close.

Archived